Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kariya

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2010
After much fanfare/hoopla in London, Arsenal unveil their 14/15 Puma kits

thumb

oscillatewildly

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2007
23 Railway Cuttings

Is the ice lolly for Mascherano?

Lord Blackadder,

Evra; it also makes football sense - 2 years at a slower pace. Re footballers' other halves; the job is known, a player is lucky to play to 35, let them have their day - hopefully there is a long, happy life together after the end of the career.

Imagine Ozil if Giroud and Wilshere take the ball.

Cheers,
OW

mojolicious

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2014
Sarf London
14fZZ0n.jpg

The home shirt's not bad at all; much nicer than the recent Nikes. It's a shame the away shirt isn't to an identical pattern, and hopefully we won't have to resort to blue (ugh) too often.

I also hope that potential buyers of a 'player specification' shirt will be forced to undergo a body fat assessment first.

The Citeh kit is nice too, as it should be. It takes some effort to mess up that lovely sky blue.

Fizzoid

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
UK
The lack of evidence argument sounds ridiculous. I imagine the video evidence would hold up in court if this were a criminal case, how much more do you need? Whether the punishment was excessive could be argued ad infinitum, I but I don't really care anymore.

As for the ban from "all football-related activities"...terrible language, either incredibly broad or unhelpfully vague. Does that mean he can't be in any way involved with any sponsors or charities? Since he derives his fame from football, wouldn't any celebrity appearance be ultimately 'football related'? I don't really care either way, but it does seem to be poorly written. They're letting him transfer regardless, so it's a contradictory set of punishments.

Time to care even less!

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
:D He banged in a few decent goals for Liverpool - then left and didn't do anything for the rest of his career...I hope for Suarez's sake that history doesn't repeat itself there...

oscillatewildly

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2007
23 Railway Cuttings
It would be for the cooling/numbing effect - if the report is true, ouch!

---
Suarez - Liverpool high figure, Barcelona low; with add-ons/without add-ons? Likely GBP 65m in the end? Same Champions League group would be fun.

Cheers,
OW

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Suarez - Liverpool high figure, Barcelona low; with add-ons/without add-ons? Likely GBP 65m in the end? Same Champions League group would be fun.

Sometimes these fees are never truly confirmed/explained, at least not to the public. All of the numbers being quoted, from £58m-£80m, represent a good profit for Liverpool though.

Lets hope the money is spent more wisely than Spurs did after selling Bale.

Kariya

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2010
So much for the transfer ban on Barca (comical at this point)

Since Eto'o i fail to recollect any striker being notably successfull there. You're pushed out wide and forced to feed the ball to Messi.

If the fee was £70-£75m then LFC got their money's worth. Now will they spend it wisely or will they pull a Spurs or Dalglish.

But in the meantime, Ivanovic can now sleep at night.

Last edited:

mojolicious

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2014
Sarf London
Have the kits been announced yet?

Looking back, in 1986 the West Germans played in a borrowed Irish kit, and in 1990 the Argentinians wore a French strip.

Whichever team gets to wear black shorts will win.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
So...

UEFA find PSG 'guilty' of FFP violation, they respond by spending £50m on a player

FIFA impose a transfer ban on Barca, and in the same breath, put it 'on hold' freeing Barca to go and buy the 3rd most expensive player in football history, a midfielder and a keeper. With more also incoming.

Football's governing bodies never fail to deliver on the comically absurd.

But i'm not one to talk.

I think its a good deal for 'Pool. They needed to strengthen in various positions and now they have £70m to do it. They've also rid themselves of what was becoming perpetual embarrassment. The Cost:Benefit ratio of 'Pool having Suarez was starting to become questionable.

Meanwhile, LVG is moaning about something again.

Last edited:

Cox Orange

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2010
gossip news:

in a ranking show in the 2nd German state television Beckenbauer got upped from rank 31 to 9. They manipulated the numbers (that were collected by a well-known agency that does election forecasts) to being able to better invite the guests to the show. (Beckenbauer was even more "unloved" than some politicians, the minister of finance under them, and a news presenters from trashy private tv channel.).

Intersting, that they think when people vote him number 31, that people want to see him on the show. (Huh, they seem to have forgotten the FIFA corruption stuff he was involved...)

As a newspresenter of that same channel said "idiots!" Right, he is.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Alright lads, today please fingers crossing for twietee and his mates > real life tourney! :D :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.