Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesMike

macrumors 603
Nov 3, 2014
Oregon
After a nine-year career, Abou Diaby is to be released by Arsenal. He has suffered 42 injuries during this period! Arsenal had such high hopes for him.

Centaurr

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2015
Florida
first half was about the same, then second half chicago went down hill, keane keeping it classy, if u know what i mean.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
The FA ban Johhny Evans for six games and Papiss Cissé for seven over their recent spitting incident.

Meanwhile, FIFA's standard ban for players guilty of racist behavior? Five games....

Last edited:

Centaurr

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2015
Florida
breaking news:: Jackson Martinez from F.C. Porto suffered a injury (nothing serious) will be out just acouple of weeks, will miss next Champions match against Basel

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Not a great weekend for me, Blackburn came to Anfield, almost killed Martin Skrtel in the first couple minutes of the game and then parked a big fat bus rather effectively for the rest of the match. Kolo Toure defended well but missed two free headers and everybody else looked off to a greater or lesser extent. So it's a replay at Ewood park then...

Meanwhile, Columbus bossed their game against Houston but lost to a goal against the run of play.

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)
pleasant surprise going through the TV channels:

Eurosport has apparently managed to snag the european rights for the MLS seasons 2015-2018.
They are showing Orlando vs. NYC live right now.

looks like my football watching schedule has a new entry on sunday after Doppelpass football talk and the Austrian League "top game of the week"

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Not a great weekend for me, Blackburn came to Anfield, almost killed Martin Skrtel in the first couple minutes of the game and then parked a big fat bus rather effectively for the rest of the match. Kolo Toure defended well but missed two free headers and everybody else looked off to a greater or lesser extent. So it's a replay at Ewood park then...

Meanwhile, Columbus bossed their game against Houston but lost to a goal against the run of play.

i was worried about Skrtel. hit so hard he lost a vowel from his name!

an american played in that match for blackburn.

the crew game.. gggrrrrr...

how incredibly boring was the NYC/ORL tilt ?

THE MASSIVE WEDNESDAY WON, Dumbarton won, Spurs won.. so overall a good weekend.

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
As much as changing managers yet again will set the club back from rebuilding and being fully competitive again, I'm done with Van Gaal. Even as a short term stopgap, with a squad that's only halfway rebuilt at best, he's not done well enough at all.

JamesMike

macrumors 603
Nov 3, 2014
Oregon
As much as changing managers yet again will set the club back from rebuilding and being fully competitive again, I'm done with Van Gaal. Even as a short term stopgap, with a squad that's only halfway rebuilt at best, he's not done well enough at all.

It does not help that van Gaal and Giggs don't get along.

oscillatewildly

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2007
23 Railway Cuttings
Apart from shooting themselves in the foot to give Arsenal the win, happy with the performance. Shame about the d'head Oliver; Bellerin. He is all over the place with his decision making; by the book Di Maria deserved to go but Joe Hart is laughing his dandruff head off.

Edit - JamesMike - Giggs and LVG; who says they don't get along?

Silencio - manager - what realistic target do you want?

Mass suicide on the radio :)

Cheers,
OW

Last edited:

Kariya

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2010
Yet Welbeck and Sanchez escape? Oliver was poor.

Wellbeck could've had a pen (a Europe ref would probably have given it), and i lost count of how many bookable fouls Fellaini committed. Still only got 1 yellow after it became too blatant.

But for me the diving took the cake. I can understand going down easy but diving 1hr after you felt contact...no one wants to see that. Grabbing the ref when you're already on a yellow...well self-explanatory really.

Last edited:

oscillatewildly

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2007
23 Railway Cuttings
Wellbeck could've had a pen, and i lost count of how many bookable fouls Fellaini committed. Still only got 1 yellow after it became too blatant.

But for me the diving took the cake. I can understand going down easy but diving 1hr after you felt contact is not on.

It was a dive by Welbeck, WTF are you talking about. I also lost count of the bookable fouls by him.

Kariya

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2010
There was contact in the other situations - all 3 are dives. He isn't getting the ball and flops, same as Adnan. Was it in the area?

Lord Blackadder - nice touch with slipped.

Outside in. To each his own i guess. But quite a few think it should've been a pen. Including former refs.

United were in the match but then a combo of manager and desperate heads led to a meltdown.

Playing Blind and Carrick is like playing Fernando and Fernandinho.

I don't blame Valencia because he's a winger not a defender (ditto for Young) but i think its time United looked at shifting Jones and Evans. Not good enough for me. And if you're going to keep them start playing a back 4 to help them.

Last edited:

oscillatewildly

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2007
23 Railway Cuttings

Though, some slips are less accidental than others. ;)

Wasn't that a song by The Smiths?

Kariya - through gritted teeth :) - good luck in the next round. It's my nieces I feel sorry for, they are in the States with their Gooner grandfather.

New players - they are bringing in a CB, RB, Mid, Wing/Forward, and striker - expect one player in each position out. Also think he can then play a number of formations with confidence

Cheers,
OW

Last edited:

Centaurr

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2015
Florida

Attachments

• 60054414.jpg
    60054414.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.