Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smackitsakic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2016
I've done a lot of Google searching and have made some adjustments but nothing i do seems to fix my problem of erratic trackpad behaviour.

I have a 2015 MBP, 15", and am constantly accidentally moving my trackpad with my right palm. It's super frustrating and so disruptive to my typing. Essentially i'm typing and all of the sudden the cursor is in a totally random spot and i'm typing where i don't want to be. It typically jumps the cursor up 3-6 lines and starts typing somewhere that i've already typed. I'm a relatively fast typer (100wpm) so by the time i notice that this has happened i've got a pile of text to delete and i need to put my cursor back in the correct place. This is so frustrating and, from what I can see, there doesn't seem to be a simple solution to this which i find hard to believe. My trackpad click is set to medium, and tracking speed speed is right in the middle between slow and fast.

Is there anything I can do to fix this, or am i stuck with this annoyance for life?

elf69

macrumors 68020
Jun 2, 2016
Cornwall UK
usb/bluetooth mouse and set it to ignore trackpad if mouse detected?

I know not perfect.

Have same issue with 2009 unibody and 2007 17" macbook pro but not on 14" G4 ibook

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.