Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
i went in to my local Mac shop, and they had an :apple:TV in there. When Jobs announced it, and after i researched it a bit, i decided that i had no need for it. But after having a play with it, I really, really want one! Its such a simple idea, perfectly executed.

And while I was there, I went to have a play on the 24" iMac. There were about a dozen people at the window looking at it. It is an absolutely stunning machine. I saw it on the Apple site, and there was a bit of lust happening. But when I saw it in the flesh (plastic?), the lust factor rocketed :D

I've just come back from a neighbor's birthday party, and she had and iPod HiFi playing the music. Everyone here knows how small the speakers are, but they put out a damn good noise! She had it up really loud; loud enough to be clearly heard about 70 metres away. When i got close to it, it wasn't distorting at all. I used to think it was overpriced at $500, but now i can see why it cost that much.

I'm using my mum's toshiba pc to play NFS Carbon, because my macbook doesn't have the graphical power to push it. I had Carbon open, and i switched back to the Finder (or whatever Windows calls it), and looked through some files to find a save editor or something. When people complain about the old iMacs being slow at running 10.4, they have no idea what slow is; this computer was taking ages to open a folder. And it isn't an old computer either; i think its the early 2006 model, and i think it has a 1.7 GHz Celeron chip and a gig of RAM. It made my 667 MHz G4 TiBook with 768 MB RAM look fast. Windows sucks at multitasking

And Mac OS X is just something of its own. It is just gorgeous. It works so smoothly and brilliantly (most of the time). The team who worked on it have done a fantastic job. I can never think of a way OS X could be improved, but every time the release a new version, i wonder how i could have ever lived without that feature (fast user switching, widgets, expose, etc.)

Congrats if you read it all. this is what happens when you make a post at 1:15 in the morning :rolleyes:

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
Congrats if you read it all. this is what happens when you make a post at 1:15 in the morning :rolleyes:

Is it really just that, or was there some alcohol involved (from the party) as well? :p ;)

I do however agree with everything you said. I actually convinced my uncle to buy a 24'' iMac a few months ago and he loves it!

ghall

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
I'm using my mum's toshiba pc to play NFS Carbon, because my macbook doesn't have the graphical power to push it. I had Carbon open, and i switched back to the Finder (or whatever Windows calls it), and looked through some files to find a save editor or something. When people complain about the old iMacs being slow at running 10.4, they have no idea what slow is; this computer was taking ages to open a folder. And it isn't an old computer either; i think its the early 2006 model, and i think it has a 1.7 GHz Celeron chip and a gig of RAM. It made my 667 MHz G4 TiBook with 768 MB RAM look fast. Windows sucks at multitasking

I thought this was an anti-bashing thread. :D

LegatoRedrivers

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2010
replicator-windows7.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.