Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
SNL had a deleted scene once... After the bell ringing/auld lang syne, Uncle Billy come in and says he remembers what happens with the money. They gather torches and pitchforks and go after Potter who gets out of his wheel chair and tries to run away. He's called a fraud and the beat him.

Is it just me or does Potter remind people of FDR?
Looks like BV and other Londoners are going to hear plenty of bells ringing this season with London Police's Operation Yuletide set in motion. "'Ata boy, Clarence." ;)

Black&Tan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2004
Forgot a couple....

Jingle All the Way
The Santa Clause 1 (not sure about 3 yet...Martin Short as Frost looks interesting....)

mkjj

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2003
Liverpool
They have just relased a Colourised version (or Colorized for our US friends!) of Miracle of 34th Street.

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
Here'a a couple of trivia Qs:

Anyone remember what the kid's name was who got his tongue stuck on the icy pole in "A Christmas Story", and what real life career track he pursued ten years later?

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Here'a a couple of trivia Qs:

Anyone remember what the kid's name was who got his tongue stuck on the icy pole in "A Christmas Story", and what real life career track he pursued ten years later?
is this correct. Flick went on the be an adult film star.
Flick: Are you kidding? Stick my tongue to that stupid pole? That's dumb!
Schwartz: That's 'cause you know it'll stick!
Flick: You're full of it!
Schwartz: Oh yeah?
Flick: Yeah!
Schwartz: Well I double-DOG-dare ya!
Narrator: NOW it was serious. A double-dog-dare. What else was there but a "triple dare ya"? And then, the coup de grace of all dares, the sinister triple-dog-dare.
Schwartz: I TRIPLE-dog-dare ya!
Narrator: Schwartz created a slight breach of etiquette by skipping the triple dare and going right for the throat!

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Yep, that's him. From frozen poles to........
scratchchin.gif

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
A Muppet Family Christmas - I love this movie because not only do the normal muppets show up but other muppets such as Sesame Street and the Fraggles appear (even the old man and his dog Sprocket are in it!)

This is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE. I recently transferred my old VHS to my computer so I can watch the full version. I wanted to buy the DVD's but amazon warned me otherwise.

now I can watch it anywhere i have my laptop!

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
"Scrooge" -- 1970 musical with Albert Finney in the title role. It's the first time during a musical I've actually seen an audience clap along with one of the songs ("Thank You Very Much").

The narration was by the author of the story, Jean Shepherd, who also appears briefly in the movie.
I actually don't live far from the house they used in the movie. It was just renovated and opened to the public a week or two ago, so now uberfans of the movie can actually tour it and see that horrible lamp in the window. :p

rogersmj

macrumors 68020
Sep 10, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
I didn't read this thread because I don't care what else you say...there is no family Christmas classic like National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

Best. Christmas. Movie. Ever. From back when comedy was actually funny. Watch out for Hollywood's pathetic attempts to surpass it every year.

Black&Tan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2004
I didn't read this thread because I don't care what else you say...there is no family Christmas classic like National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

Best. Christmas. Movie. Ever. From back when comedy was actually funny. Watch out for Hollywood's pathetic attempts to surpass it every year.

I grin from ear to ear every year watching Chevy go down the hill on his vegetable oil coated saucer!

rogersmj

macrumors 68020
Sep 10, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
I grin from ear to ear every year watching Chevy go down the hill on his vegetable oil coated saucer!

That wasn't just vegetable oil, that's a special super-slick non-permeable compound...Non-nutritive cereal varnish :D

"I got this metal plate in my head, see...over here, it's no problem, but over here...if that gets dented...then, my hair just ain't gonna look right."

Oh I love cousin Eddie.

Black&Tan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2004
That wasn't just vegetable oil, that's a special super-slick non-permeable compound...Non-nutritive cereal varnish :D

"I got this metal plate in my head, see...over here, it's no problem, but over here...if that gets dented...then, my hair just ain't gonna look right."

Oh I love cousin Eddie.

Yes...I think Christmas Vacation will get its first viewing of the year this weekend. Rum balls, a 12 oz bottle (or two) of liquid cheer, and Christmas Vacation.

PreacherKane

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2006
London, England
Hi everyone, thought I would throw my hat into the ring.
SCROOGED is the best Christmas film ever. Bill Murray and Karen Allen. Classic. The bit when Bill is in the homeless food shelter place and they all think he is Richard Burton. They all ask him to quote some Shakespeare and he just starts talking jibberish. Very droll.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.