Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
Very cool tip. I wish it would just expand the tooltip when you clicked "More," though, instead of opening Dictionary itself.

Kerry Sanders

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2005
Hayden, AL
Yes, this is the way that I use the Dictionary app all the time. I was a fantastic spellar in skule, but I hav ben out a lawng time. :D

cooknwitha

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2005
London
Having just got Tiger... I just found this one out thanks to this post. What a fantastic feature! So now if someone is having a go at me in a post and using big words, I'll know what they're saying. :)

There are so many features in Tiger that are brilliant. The jump from Panther to Tiger is the best jump so far.

x86isslow

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2003
USA
mkrishnan said:
I still don't completely understand, though, why it doesn't work in Camino.... It works in text boxes in other third party cocoa apps, like Adium....

Camino has two parts: An all-aqua new system, and an older drawing system, Gecko, that is based on Netscape Navigator. Once they finish overhauling Gecko, they claim that Camino will rock dictionary support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.