Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
I'm still hoping for tomorrow morning...if not, I'll be digging up my MWSF "oh well, no new PowerMacs" thread, and asking all those who told me to shut up and wait where the hell they are!?!

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by edesignuk
Beak out the champagne!

:(

couldn't have said it better myself :D

But there also is the SuperBowl next weekend - so it might be a week still before we see anything.

D

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Ha, gimme a break, no one is storming the compound just because the rumors aren't panning out.

We are on a dry streak or apple is flooding us with fake rumors... blah blah blah bad.

yamabushi

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2003
I don't care so much when rumors don't pan out but Apple hardware for consumers is starting to look mediocre. The PB, iMac and eMac have all lost that loving feeling. The PM and iBook are still good but old news. I hope that at least something* gets released tomorrow.

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
Originally posted by yamabushi
I don't care so much when rumors don't pan out but Apple hardware for consumers is starting to look mediocre. The PB, iMac and eMac have all lost that loving feeling. The PM and iBook are still good but old news. I hope that at least something* gets released tomorrow.

I agree. iMac and eMac sales are on a steepening decline and something needs to be done.

12" PB is now looking pretty dated next to the new iBooks.

G5 is the future...

rueyeet

macrumors 65816
Jun 10, 2003
MD
I think it's becoming apparent that Apple doesn't intend to be bound by mere dates. I'd just hope, though, that they do SOMETHING to celebrate besides give it a bare mention in the MWSF Stevenote, even if whatever it is happens elsewhere in the year.

It does look like no new products anytime soon, though; maybe some speed bumps of existing lines, if you listen to rumors. (I do, of course, invite Apple to prove me resoundingly wrong). :)

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
All good things occur in there own time. It is probably best for our sanity, that we focus on the upcoming Superbowl 38. We have the Pepsi Commercial that we can look forward.

hvfsl

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2001
London, UK
I have started to look forward to ATIs new graphics card, the R420, because Apple dont seem to be releasing anything new and interesting.

At the moment it looks like:
Dual 3Ghz G5 in May/June
PowerBook G5 in May/June
iMac G5 in september
G5 eMacs in July (in time for next school year)
faster G4 ibooks in October

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Originally posted by hvfsl
I have started to look forward to ATIs new graphics card, the R420, because Apple dont seem to be releasing anything new and interesting.

Dual 3Ghz G5 in May/June
PowerBook G5 in May/June
iMac G5 in september

Thank you for a healthy approach to Apple product updates. We can focus on these dates, then if something happens sooner we can celebrate. Originally Steve said he hope to have a 3 Ghz G5 mid year.

LimeLite

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2003
Los Angeles, Ca

Dual 3Ghz G5 in May/June
PowerBook G5 in May/June
iMac G5 in september
hahahahahaha

G5 eMac in July?

hahahahahaha

ok, sorry, done here.

ha.

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana
... Dual 3Ghz G5 in May/June
PowerBook G5 in May/June
iMac G5 in september

Was the G5 eMac because the iMac G5 was going to be so late? I dunno... I doubt that Apple would bother. They'll just let the iMac/eMac sales go into the toilet, feebly trying to keep at least a few sales going through rebates. :(

The faster G4 iBooks in October, missing the school year... that sounds realistic too. Dual 3GHz in May/June? Doubtful, unless they don't ship until Sept/Oct. That Powerbook G5 in May/June seems a little early too.

But cheer up. Come December, when we look back, a lot of good stuff will have come out. :)

Downdivx

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2004
Fayetteville, NC
G5 emacs?

I don't know G5 emacs this summer dose sound promising. I think that lots of schools would like the included CRT monitor and the G5's performance. There doesn't seem to be a case size/heat issue. I think my University would buy several for cheap video editing systems.
It would also be a good way to get rid of all of those left over 1.6 & 1.8 G5 processors after the next speed bump.
W
PS: Didn't Steve Promise not Hope 3.0 Ghz G5s within a year?

mms

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2003
CA
eMac G5 before iMac G5 simply won't happen. The eMacs are pretty good right now, and it'd be hard for them to maintain the low price. PB's and PM's are probably higher in priority than G5 iMacs/eMacs anyways, so I don't think we'll see those for a while.

I'm hoping that the reason Apple hasn't updated any hardware in a while is that they are planning something big and extra special for the 20th anniversary... updates all across the line would be a welcome surprise.

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
Originally posted by mms
SNIP

I'm hoping that the reason Apple hasn't updated any hardware in a while is that they are planning something big and extra special for the 20th anniversary... updates all across the line would be a welcome surprise.

And this annivesary occurs when? ;) Feb 2?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.