Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Did you receive the email of death?

• Yes

Votes: 256 58.7%
  • No

Votes: 180 41.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daleybhoy

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2015
Scotland
Who has all had it? Where did the rumour that if you get it you're not gonna get it on launch day start? I can't imagine that being the case!

Incidentally, I haven't had it.......yet. Curious that's all.

hufflematt

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2015
UK
Who has all had it? Where did the rumour that if you get it you're not gonna get it on launch day start? I can't imagine that being the case!

Incidentally, I haven't had it.......yet. Curious that's all.

It's not a rumour. It's fact.

Do you really think people just come onto internet forums and make stuff up?

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
This is the email of death:

Dear Batman,

Your Apple Watch will be delivered between April 24th and May 8th. When your order ships, we'll send you an email with a specific delivery date and tracking information.

To help you get started and learn about the amazing things you can do with Apple Watch, view these Guided Tour videos.

Apple Watch requires iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, or iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 8.2 or later. Please take a moment to check that your iPhone is up to date.

Thank you for choosing Apple.

Sincerely,
Apple Store

Appears to have been sent to us in the UK who have yet to be charged for 24/4-8/5 orders.

Daleybhoy

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2015
Scotland

Dear Batman,

Your Apple Watch will be delivered between April 24th and May 8th. When your order ships, we'll send you an email with a specific delivery date and tracking information.

To help you get started and learn about the amazing things you can do with Apple Watch, view these Guided Tour videos.

Apple Watch requires iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, or iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 8.2 or later. Please take a moment to check that your iPhone is up to date.

Sincerely,
Apple Store

And the rumour is, if you get this you won't get a watch on Friday.

eoblaed

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010

Dear Batman,

Sincerely,
Apple Store

Appears to have been sent to us in the UK who have yet to be charged for 24/4-8/5 orders.

What I want to know is ...

wtf is Batman doing in the UK?

johnkim

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2015
Wow.. apparently it's true.
Someone on my twitter feed got this e-mail today from Apple:

U5echOB.png

nrubenstein

macrumors 6502
Aug 5, 2008
Washington, DC
"We're working on your order."

Received this email just now:

We're working on your order.
Order Status: WXXXXXXXXX

Dear N Rubenstein,

To help you get started and learn about the amazing things you can do with Apple Watch, please see our Guided Tour videos.

Sincerely,

Apple Store

I take that as "No, you aren't getting it on Friday."

Edit: Milanese 42 / 3:08AM confirmation

Mac7

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
"We're working on your order"

Anyone receive a similar email? Just received it, thought I was finally going to get charged.

Screen Shot copy.png

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
This is the second thread I've seen where people assume this means no Friday delivery, but I don't understand why. It looks like a typical new-product email

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.