Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Uccle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
has started selling the watch (sports model only it appears).

Last edited:

axantas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2015
Home
...they have their own app who works with the Apple Watch.

*thinking*
so, you get their alerts on the watch. Ok, lets say, this is something useful.

Reactions: Uccle

AppleWes

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2013
It's way over priced for what you get (compared to buying direct from apple.com). They have "lifetime tech support" from a 3rd party included, not needed at all, but people will buy who aren't aware of what support services Apple offers.

Nothing to worry about- they sell other Apple products and have apps too. Noticed it's the green/blue/pink band they were selling so I have a feeling it's Apple pushing out some of the overstock colors. Who knows where QVC actually gets their products from. Might also be re-selling unopened boxes from random stores.

They do this a lot with iPads too. Older generations or huge bundles of junk accessories priced $200 or $300 more than buying direct.

Reactions: Uccle

Uccle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Yea, this worries me some. The watch isn't the easiest thing to set up. If someone buys an apple watch after seeing it on TV, on a channel that is charging them more for things they probably don't need, it makes me question if they understand what they are buying. Maybe I'm wrong and the qvc support is crazy great but I'm uneasy that people who buy because they trust a TV sales personality (as I saw one woman say that she buys *everything* the spokesperson sells) will have a great experience.

Then again those who call us apple watch buyers lemmings would say we are doing the same thing ;-) Still it seems off...

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Forget the Apple watch, I said the same thing in 1986...

"The end is near. Just saw QVC."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.