Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DFZD

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
I think it's time to drop in the towels. It's all over guys, this is a very sad end to the iPod Touch story.
All I can say is that it was great while it lasted. RIP the mighty iPod Touch.

DFZD

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
You know it's not gonna happen, :apple: has moved on, and so should we, after the mourning of course.

JayIsAwesome

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2013
Texas
It actually does suck that a new iPod wasnt announced. The Touch was a good product, especially for those who maybe couldn't afford an iPhone. It still gave them access to iOS and the Apple ecosystem, which made Apple more money. Also an iPod touch was popular with a lot of the parentals b/c it was an iPhone experience without the monthly bill attached to it. They didn't have to worry about paying a monthly bill b/c their kid wanted to experience iPhone.

JayIsAwesome

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2013
Texas
A spring release would be weird, considering a new iPod 6 would be one of the hottest items for this coming holiday season.

DFZD

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
I'm an app developer although I can buy an iPhone, I don't need it. iPod touch was the device that I used for development, and I'm sure a lot of other developers do that as well. Its so similar to iPhone and doesn't need much research henceforth.
I use my Touch as a micro iPad, and my plan is to keep using my Touch 5 till it works and I hope it works for a good time.

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
the only way your voice will be heard is here:
https://www.apple.com/feedback/

rally your comments and choke apple feedback site with demands for iPod touch 6th gen.

I want a FASTER touch with more RAM and more storage. And smaller and thinner with less bezel and more battery life. I certainly DO NOT WANT a LARGER iPod Touch. The world is glutted with giant devices and I hope Apple doesn't add to it even more than they already have.

joecool99

Suspended
Aug 20, 2008
USA
I want a FASTER touch with more RAM and more storage. And smaller and thinner with less bezel and more battery life. I certainly DO NOT WANT a LARGER iPod Touch. The world is glutted with giant devices and I hope Apple doesn't add to it even more than they already have.

it's useless here - tell that to apple!

DFZD

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
They read every word here. They have a lot more going on than most realize. I'll not say more, I'm tired of being put in timeout.

That explains the frequent visits to macrumors from unreleased hardware and software.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
The 5th Gen iPod Touch and original iPad mini seem to show that iOS 9 will be coming to A5 devices, a new iPod Touch will probably launch early 2015 somewhere near the :apple:Watch.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
The 5th Gen iPod Touch and original iPad mini seem to show that iOS 9 will be coming to A5 devices, a new iPod Touch will probably launch early 2015 somewhere near the :apple:Watch.

The iPhone 5C will run IOS 9 so IOS 9 will not be 64 bit only and probably could run on the Touch 5. I have been predicting all year that the Touch 6 will be released spring 2015 :D.

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
The iPhone 5C will run IOS 9 so IOS 9 will not be 64 bit only and probably could run on the Touch 5. I have been predicting all year that the Touch 6 will be released spring 2015 :D.

I hope you're right and I hope it's not a pig. Am I the only one that wishes the iPod Nano ran iOS?

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
I think it's time to drop in the towels. It's all over guys, this is a very sad end to the iPod Touch story.
All I can say is that it was great while it lasted. RIP the mighty iPod Touch.

They will prob upgrade it next year maybe keep the 4" factor 4"7 at best..A7, Touch ID

It doesn't do much the Iphone doesn't do you know? I have kept my Ipod touch for when my phone is low on battery plus I enjoy the 4" form factor over my larger Iphone now.

moderately

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2010

Yes to faster processor and more ram. Ditto more storage. I do not need any redesign. Just fit it all into the same shell and I will be just fine.

entropys

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
Damn, my daughter's birthday was tomorrow and she wants a yellow iPod touch.
But I don't want to buy one with an A5 in it. So she will get a voucher for Just Dance 2015 for Xbox 360 kinect when it is released next week.

I think the only reason it wasn't upgraded is they want to use the same screen as an iPhone 6, and well, they are having trouble making enough of those and don't want to make things worse by introducing a second product using that screen.

The price gap to an iPad mini is to great for a iPad mini to replace the touch.

Slix

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2010
Still holding out hope for an update sometime (silent or otherwise) in the near future or in the spring this coming year (2015). :confused:

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
I think Apple got enough problem with the new Ipad series not selling so they work harder to save the tablet market more than trying to draw kids to buy new Ipod touch.

If you feel 16GB is enough then it is obviously a better deal to get the 1st mini. However, i believe they would take it out of the store early 2015.

5 Ipad models are way too much.

K144

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2014
As much as I loved my ipod touch 5th gen, I will be selling it and getting a Moto G $179 and using it over WiFi. Sad to see Apple not update the ipod touch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.