Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theguy792

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2014
Just got charged and preparing to ship!

Ordered: 9/28
Received Email: 10/16
Card charged an Preparing to ship: 10/22

6+ 64GB SG AT&T

muggerfugger

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2014
Kansas, USA
holy hell that scared the crap out of me. Just got email from apple stating:

Thank you for your recent Apple Online Store order.

Unfortunately, your bank has declined payment for the credit/debit card you provided and we have been unable to process your order. Please contact your bank to advise them that you placed an order with Apple, so payment can be processed. Any delay will impact the shipping and delivery of your product(s).

after waiting nearly a month?
I used their financing too.

Turns out i forgot to call and activate the card. I thought it was all automatic since i didn't even have to enter the info on the site when ordered.

After calling an activating the card, and updating the order, i called apple to make sure it was going through because it still shows processing for me.

and the lady said the order has went through and i should get it no later than the 28th.

thank god for that. scared me.

muggerfugger

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2014
Kansas, USA
< 48 hours usually. It usually ships within 48, but won't be updated on Apple's website until 72 hours +

If you use ups my choice it'll email you immediately alerting you when a shipment to your name and address is made.

I signed up for it the other day and had a tracking code for an item I ordered on Amazon before Amazon even had it themselves.

Coprolite

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
I ordered mine at the AT&T store yesterday and my expected shipping window is 12/2-12/11. I am tempted to try going through Apple, but I have a feeling the 3-4 weeks they quote is kind of optimistic.

Does anyone think going through the hassle of canceling on AT&T and getting it via Apple would make much difference?

iPhilPHX

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
:) Mine landed here last night, UPS status is now in "Out for Delivery" as of 5:09 am. So, it's on the truck and should be at my door some time mid/late morning. Looking forward to it.

It's arriving reasonably quickly too: I ordered via Apple on the afternoon of 10/14 with an original ETA of the 27th. Case and screen protector are also due to arrive from Amazon today as well.

vyas22

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2011
Just picked up my 6+ 64gb via click and collect in the Westfield Stratford store, picked it up and did not open in store, brought it home and the screen wasn't functioning properly, lines down the middle and red and orange colours running up and down the side of the screen

Took it straight back and the staff told me it was a dead on arrival unit (DOA) and swapped it out immediately (luck they had stock), this time got them to open the box to check it and all is good, restoring from back up at the moment.

RichH1411

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2014
Shipped

Ordered 9/26 via Apple online

iPhone 6+
Space Grey 64GB
AT&T (Carrier)

Original Delivery date at time I placed order Oct 27-Nov 3
Shipped Oct 21
Current scheduled delivery per UPS Oct 28

If it delivers as scheduled, Apple lead time was right on the money. Phone is currently in Incheon, Korea headed to me in Dallas, TX. Been a long month.

cchunk

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2012
I ordered mine at the AT&T store yesterday and my expected shipping window is 12/2-12/11. I am tempted to try going through Apple, but I have a feeling the 3-4 weeks they quote is kind of optimistic.

Does anyone think going through the hassle of canceling on AT&T and getting it via Apple would make much difference?

Honestly, I don't think those estimates are accurate at all. You'll most likely get it mid November

ashley1496

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008

I ordered mine Monday at an AT&T store and had a ship date one week sooner than yours. However, after seeing the progress on the AT&T orders compared to Apple.com, I called and cancelled this morning and now have a ship date 1-2 weeks sooner. The cancellation process took about 3-5 min and my upgrade eligibility was immediately refreshed. Also, at Apple I have the option to upgrade to 2-day shipping. Totally worth switching in my opinion.

jeremiah256

macrumors 65816
Aug 2, 2008
Southern California
iPhone 6 Plus, Gold, 128GB

Ordered yesterday, expected ship date 12/03/2014 - 12/12/2014. It's my Christmas gift to myself and based on the delays many are reporting, wanted to make sure I actually received it before Christmas.

DL:)

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2014
Anyone else have a regional carrier vs. national? I knew I'd have a longer wait since I couldn't order until the 26th but they are not even getting any in.:(

scorpio1973

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2009

Oh, wow. That is a long wait. I would probably order through Apple. The 3 - 4 week window seems pretty accurate. I ordered my 128GB gold 6 + (AT&T) on 9/12 with an estimated delivery of Oct 13 - Oct 20. I received my phone on October 3. Mine was even earlier than expected.

alansaysstop

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2009
Roseville
Ordered 9/30
Expected between 10/28 and 11/5
Emailed 10/17
Still processing...

I really hope it falls in that lead time. I'm in the middle of moving out of my apartment and didn't think it'd actually take this long. I can't edit the address because at the time of ordering, my billing address was my apartment. Way to not think ahead right?!

DL:)

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2014
Ordered 9/30
Expected between 10/28 and 11/5
Emailed 10/17
Still processing...

I really hope it falls in that lead time. I'm in the middle of moving out of my apartment and didn't think it'd actually take this long. I can't edit the address because at the time of ordering, my billing address was my apartment. Way to not think ahead right?!

When you get your shipping notice get in touch with ups or fed ex. You should be able to change your address with them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.