Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trogledyte Mac

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2006
27-inch iMac
3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core I7 - Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5

1TB Fusion Drive

Magic Trackpad
Apple Wireless Keyboard (Belgium) & User's Guide
Accessory Kit
Apple TV
Super Drive

shortie8512

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2011
Guildford, UK
21.5" iMac Ordered

Well, I bit the bullet and ordered my new iMac.... even though the tear down looks favourable I ended up spec'ing it right up with the i7, 16GB and the Fusion Drive. I am still trying to justify it to myself tbh! But I figured that if I buy a 512GB SSD it'll cost me £400 and the Fusion is £200, double the capacity and still gives me a big boost in speed, especially as the OS will be on the SSD part of the drive. I bought my last iMac in 2006 so I figured the i7 should give me some longevity and it'd cost me more than £160 to buy a i7 and then fit it myself anyway. The memory was the tough one as I can do it cheaper myself but decided having the memory now, fitted by Apple, covered under the guarantee and saves me taking the thing apart was prob worth the extra expense. (You can see I am trying really, really hard to justify it!)

Happy Christmas to me!

Scissors

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2012
London, UK
Merry Christmas indeed!

I ordered a 21.5" at just before 8.30am. Base spec + a trackpad. For the mother-in-law (the joys of married life). Estimated delivery is 14 to 19 December.

Looks like I'm just up the road from you - I'm in Woking.

Mark

shortie8512

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2011
Guildford, UK
Merry Christmas indeed!

I ordered a 21.5" at just before 8.30am. Base spec + a trackpad. For the mother-in-law (the joys of married life). Estimated delivery is 14 to 19 December.

Looks like I'm just up the road from you - I'm in Woking.

Mark

Have to organise a "new iMac" party! Certainly beats a tupperware party... ;-)

Apple are reporting similar delivery estimate for my order... I was tempted by the trackpad as I love the trackpad on my MBP

southweststokie

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2012
Bristol, UK
Ditto, 21" ordered, 2.9 GHz, Fusion, but 8MB RAM - really don't see my usage needing more. Education discount as well. Can justify the latter, but keen to see how much scrutiny they give the verification. Happy camper, and boy has it been a long wait.

SWS

Scissors

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2012
London, UK
Excellent - will let you know when mine is despatched!

Sadly it's not so exciting when it's not for me (though I had the pleasure of going through all this with a RMBP in July!). Yours will be a very nice upgrade from the 2006 iMac.

Don't worry about trying to justify the cost of the fusion drive - you've ordered it now so just enjoy looking forward to getting it! You could always sell it and buy a SSD + NAS later.

I didn't get on with the Magic Mouse - I found the swipes on the Magic Trackpad so much easier. Just a shame adding the Trackpad adds a week to the despatch time of the iMac.

Mark

----------

Education discount as well. Can justify the latter, but keen to see how much scrutiny they give the verification. Happy camper, and boy has it been a long wait.

SWS

No scrutiny from previous experience, I am happy to report. :)

What are you upgrading from?

southweststokie

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2012
Bristol, UK

Sadly it's not so exciting when it's not for me (though I had the pleasure of going through all this with a RMBP in July!). Yours will be a very nice upgrade from the 2006 iMac.

Don't worry about trying to justify the cost of the fusion drive - you've ordered it now so just enjoy looking forward to getting it! You could always sell it and buy a SSD + NAS later.

I didn't get on with the Magic Mouse - I found the swipes on the Magic Trackpad so much easier. Just a shame adding the Trackpad adds a week to the despatch time of the iMac.

Mark

----------

No scrutiny from previous experience, I am happy to report. :)

What are you upgrading from?

I'm a Vista boy ! Bye Bye and good riddance !

----------

To Microsoft of course ! Excited

Ademordna

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2012
UK

Would a trackpad from Amazon uk work with this model? I'm debating whether to get one myself. Also interested in Apple Care via Amazon too, but want to check it will be the right one also. There's no specific model/imac release attached to the Apple Care, right?

Scissors

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2012
London, UK

To Microsoft of course ! Excited

What an amazing upgrade that is going to be!

----------

Would a trackpad from Amazon uk work with this model? I'm debating whether to get one myself. Also interested in Apple Care via Amazon too, but want to check it will be the right one also. There's no specific model/imac release attached to the Apple Care, right?

Definitely. You can order an Apple Trackpad separately from Amazon.co.uk and it will work fine.

I think you're right in saying that the Apple Care is not model specific, but I've never bought it so will defer to others on this.

wizzywig27

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2012
21.5" Shipped

Ordered this morning, 9:15 am, item already shipped and delivery expected for Monday, all round brilliant service from Apple. :)

Jingleballz

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2012
My First Mac Ever!

I've been a long time Windows Fanboy until I saw the lastest IMac. Just pulled the trigger on my first every mac computer. Got a new 27" IMac:

3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
1TB Fusion Drive
Apple Magic Mouse
Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad (English) & User's Guide
Accessory Kit
AppleCare Protection Plan for iMac

Subtotal: $2,768.00
Estimated Tax: $173.00

Order Total: $2,941.0

Delivers Dec 24 - Dec 31 by Standard Shipping

Going to toss Parallels on there first and see if I get get Windows 8 Pro up and running on it so I can have the best of both worlds.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
Nice work. Went all out! I hope you like it! Its a bit of a change from Windows but for the better!

You should have swapped the Mouse for the Trackpad though. :cool:

Jingleballz

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2012
I'm going to buy a mouse that has the right, left and scroll button. I think it'll make the adjustment phase a lot smoother.

Bytes

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2012
Ordered my first iMac this morning at 8:25ish, stock 21.5". Estimated delivery is 4th-6th December. Happy!

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
I've been a long time Windows Fanboy until I saw the lastest IMac. Just pulled the trigger on my first every mac computer. Got a new 27" IMac:

1TB Fusion Drive
Apple Magic Mouse
Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad (English) & User's Guide
Accessory Kit
AppleCare Protection Plan for iMac

Subtotal: $2,768.00
Estimated Tax: $173.00

Order Total: $2,941.0

Delivers Dec 24 - Dec 31 by Standard Shipping

Going to toss Parallels on there first and see if I get get Windows 8 Pro up and running on it so I can have the best of both worlds.

You'll love it.

JoeLegs

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2012
Great Britain
iMac 27 Late 2012

Ordered me a base 27 with 3tb fusion, added the super drive and keynote etc, gonna get 32gb ram from crucial for just over £120 i think :) can not wait to have my Mac cherry smashed the **** out of!!!

scheduled for delivery on 27th-28th December, ordering 5 hours later would have meant I'd have had another week to wait!! cant contain my excitement!! woooop!

buttercup

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2005
Vancouver
Finally, a new iMac!

I have been waiting for almost a year now since I decided it was time to replace the old. Have just ordered...

1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1GB GDDR5
Apple Magic Mouse
Apple Wireless Keyboard (English) & User's Guide
Accessory Kit

Can't wait! This will replace my era 2007 iMac (a 21" white one). I wasn't intending to go with the i7, but I couldn't help myself, especially with my epp discount and the geekbench profiles. Will be adding after-market ram...

Now, all I have to do is keep myself busy on the forums until Jan 3-8th. ugh.

wjohn13

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2012
Pulled The Trigger

Just ordered the 21.5". Got the 16 GB of memory and did the processor upgrade. I wanted the fusion option, but started to run out of money. Compared to my six year old, first gen Intel iMac, I'm pretty sure I am going to see a HUGE difference. Now if I could just get a delivery date and hope that the kids understand Christmas is cancelled, everything will be great. I was going to go fusion and upgrade memory later, but I was told it is not upgradeable. Also, my buddy and I are thinking that they are using Laptop drives in the 21's. That is why you can only go to 1TB. Any opinions on this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.