Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nuc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2003
TN
charlestrippy said:
So I was thinking about getting an InvisibleShield for my new 80gb ipod....i have a 60gb and it's in a Iskin evo3 case ... it's an awesome case but it's very bulky and I wanted something thinner...

http://www.shieldzone.com/form/index.html?preadd=action&key=APL6008

so anyone else have one? is it pretty good?

thanks!!
I really like mine for my iPod nano. I got bestskinsever for mine. It's cheaper but doesn't have a lifetime replacement. It's the same material.

Nuc

charlestrippy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Tampa, Florida
Nuc said:
I really like mine for my iPod nano. I got bestskinsever for mine. It's cheaper but doesn't have a lifetime replacement. It's the same material.

Nuc

oh wow, so it's the exact same thing - same pieces/same material.....just they wont replace it if you have to take it off?

hmm - that's not a bad deal - espically if it's only $7 - you can remove it and rebuy it 3 times before it's reaches the cost of the $25 one....
you say you haven't had any issues with it either?

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
it's awesome. Doesn't look like there's anything on the ipod at all, but protects (from scratches at least) really really well. I don't even use another case at all anymore. :)

rmarasa

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2006
London, UK
InvisibleShield = Incredible product. After a full year on my iPod not a mark or scratch showing. Just bought another one for my mobile phone!

ChazLM

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2005
So what did you end up doing? I'm getting a new 80gb ipod, and i want to get a case for it. I was looking at the case you mentioned, iSkin eVo3, and thought that would give the best protection. How well did the click pad work with the cover on it?

charlestrippy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Tampa, Florida
ChazLM said:
So what did you end up doing? I'm getting a new 80gb ipod, and i want to get a case for it. I was looking at the case you mentioned, iSkin eVo3, and thought that would give the best protection. How well did the click pad work with the cover on it?

my 60gb has the evo3 - the click wheel isn't really a problem...the rubber makes its slightly "sticky" but its nothing terrible (beat all 15 levels of tetris with it on haha)

for my 80gb i think i'm going with http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet/StoreFront
since it's way cheaper than invisibleshield and it's the same thing

Nuc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2003
TN
charlestrippy said:
you say you haven't had any issues with it either?
No I haven't had any issues. It's a pain in the butt to install around the sides but it looks great now.

Nuc

hayduke

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2005
is a state of mind.
I just bought a MacAlly skin for my Nano. I didn't want to cover the whole thing, so I just put a screen cover on. I think these all work the same way. They basically adhere with a low field static charge. The only "trick" is keeping dust or fingerprints off the skin when you apply it because it will leave small bubbles under the skin.

IMHO I only see reason to protect the screen because it is visually functional. I don't care too much about the body and I hate the extra bubbles and creases/edges that you can get from full body armor. Just my 2 cents...

todd2000

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2005
Danville, VA
Nuc said:

Nuc

Sigh.... I wish bestskinever made one for my 30GB Photo that I just bought in the Marketplace. :( I just polished it up all nice with Brasso (BTW- - Works great if you need to remove scratches) and wan't to keep it nice without a bulky case. I guess I'll have to get an InvisableShield.

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
charlestrippy said:
so anyone else have one? is it pretty good?

thanks!!

Having seen pics of them on the net I hated the idea but after trying various other options I went with the Invisible Shield and would wholeheartedly recommend it.

I just removed it from my 60GB to sell it and get the 80GB model and it came off pretty clean. Just left a few sticky bits that came off okay and the iPod looked almost like new underneath.

Its great to be able to stick the ipod in a bag or pocket without adding extra bulk to it and no worry of scratches.

Dino451

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2006
Invisiblesheild is a great and I recommend it. Although the edge of one corner is starting to unstick a little after a few months but no big deal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.