the InvisibleShield....is it worth it?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by charlestrippy, Sep 27, 2006.

1. charlestrippy macrumors 6502

charlestrippy

2. Nuc macrumors 6502a

Nuc

I really like mine for my iPod nano. I got bestskinsever for mine. It's cheaper but doesn't have a lifetime replacement. It's the same material.

Nuc

3. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Don't even think, get it, you will not regret it. Hey that rhymes :)

4. charlestrippy thread starter macrumors 6502

charlestrippy

oh wow, so it's the exact same thing - same pieces/same material.....just they wont replace it if you have to take it off?

hmm - that's not a bad deal - espically if it's only $7 - you can remove it and rebuy it 3 times before it's reaches the cost of the $25 one....
    you say you haven't had any issues with it either?

5. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

it's awesome. Doesn't look like there's anything on the ipod at all, but protects (from scratches at least) really really well. I don't even use another case at all anymore. :)

6. rmarasa macrumors member

InvisibleShield = Incredible product. After a full year on my iPod not a mark or scratch showing. Just bought another one for my mobile phone!

7. ChazLM macrumors newbie

ChazLM

So what did you end up doing? I'm getting a new 80gb ipod, and i want to get a case for it. I was looking at the case you mentioned, iSkin eVo3, and thought that would give the best protection. How well did the click pad work with the cover on it?

8. charlestrippy thread starter macrumors 6502

charlestrippy

my 60gb has the evo3 - the click wheel isn't really a problem...the rubber makes its slightly "sticky" but its nothing terrible (beat all 15 levels of tetris with it on haha)

for my 80gb i think i'm going with http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet/StoreFront
    since it's way cheaper than invisibleshield and it's the same thing

9. Nuc macrumors 6502a

Nuc

No I haven't had any issues. It's a pain in the butt to install around the sides but it looks great now.

Nuc

10. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

I've always used iSkin, and the only other product I would ever even consider using is CoreCases.

Daniel.

11. hayduke macrumors 65816

hayduke

I just bought a MacAlly skin for my Nano. I didn't want to cover the whole thing, so I just put a screen cover on. I think these all work the same way. They basically adhere with a low field static charge. The only "trick" is keeping dust or fingerprints off the skin when you apply it because it will leave small bubbles under the skin.

IMHO I only see reason to protect the screen because it is visually functional. I don't care too much about the body and I hate the extra bubbles and creases/edges that you can get from full body armor. Just my 2 cents...

12. todd2000 macrumors 68000

Sigh.... I wish bestskinever made one for my 30GB Photo that I just bought in the Marketplace. :( I just polished it up all nice with Brasso (BTW- - Works great if you need to remove scratches) and wan't to keep it nice without a bulky case. I guess I'll have to get an InvisableShield.

13. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

Having seen pics of them on the net I hated the idea but after trying various other options I went with the Invisible Shield and would wholeheartedly recommend it.

I just removed it from my 60GB to sell it and get the 80GB model and it came off pretty clean. Just left a few sticky bits that came off okay and the iPod looked almost like new underneath.

Its great to be able to stick the ipod in a bag or pocket without adding extra bulk to it and no worry of scratches.

14. Dino451 macrumors 6502

Invisiblesheild is a great and I recommend it. Although the edge of one corner is starting to unstick a little after a few months but no big deal.