Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

iOS Geek

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2017
New Maps in Italy has officially been released. Complete with Look Around which (based on a quick glance) covers the whole country.

• Wow
Reactions: G1Ravage

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Reporting incidents etc seems to have gone live in the UK...at least for me.
IMG_5014.jpeg

DaveF

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2007
NoVA
Is there a way to report problems with directions in Apple Maps? I know about reporting problems with locations. But don’t know how to report errors in routing. I’ve been using Walking directions in a city the past week. And it seems to be confused by one-way streets, routing as if I were driving rather than walking. An example is below, where instead of routing the obvious and short way straight down the street, the walking directions were convoluted and round-about. These bad directions are the norm, not the exception.

I couldn’t find a quick way to report this to Apple. Any suggestions?

A0BFF733-77FF-4445-A7B9-99279C38F4B9.jpeg

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
Is there a way to report problems with directions in Apple Maps? I know about reporting problems with locations. But don’t know how to report errors in routing. I’ve been using Walking directions in a city the past week. And it seems to be confused by one-way streets, routing as if I were driving rather than walking. An example is below, where instead of routing the obvious and short way straight down the street, the walking directions were convoluted and round-about. These bad directions are the norm, not the exception.

I couldn’t find a quick way to report this to Apple. Any suggestions?

View attachment 1920163
Tap the suggested route box (not "GO", but the box it is in). This will bring up the detailed info for the route. You can then select "Report an Issue" at the bottom of the page. At this point, you can actually select the specific part of the route that you feel is incorrect and make your report directly to Apple.

FYI...we have an iOS15 Maps thread as well HERE.

Reactions: DaveF
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.