iPad The iPad 4's awesomeness makes me even more annoyed at iOS 6

Discussion in 'iPad' started by skillwill, Nov 3, 2012.

1. skillwill, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2012

macrumors regular

I feel like iOS 6 is holding iPad 4 back, there's soooooooooo much potential in this thing that iOS 6 just doesn't take advantage of. Hoping for a massive iOS update next year, don't care what they do with hardware

2. macrumors 6502a

jimN

Details? This is a little bit empty as a complaint.

3. macrumors member

Since iOS 6 I have noticed jerking and stuttering on safari some games every now and then on ipad 3. Ipad 4 is quicker but I experience the same stuttering. iOS 5 on ipad 3 was much better

4. macrumors regular

Try turning off spotlight search and using chrome.

5. macrumors 65816

I think next year they will hopefully bring in more stuff, the iPad 4 and iPhone 5 are now so powerful even compared to the phones/tablets released only 2 years ago! The OS however has largely stayed exactly the same! So now they have the power (quite literally) to do more (in the background, on the screen, etc) so I'm hoping they take advantage of that.

6. macrumors 6502a

I can give an example - imagine being able to "pin" Tweetbot to the side while surfing Safari ala Windows 8.

7. macrumors 6502a

jimN

This seems to be a usage thing. I use twitter but am happy to go looking for it, I don't want the constant barrage of crap that goes on there but I guess it would be nice to have the option.

I can only imagine that on phones that constantly feed you Twitter and Facebook updates that 1. Your data usage go up, 2. The number of people you follow/friend goes down.

8. macrumors member

Happens in chrome as well spotlight is off