Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skillwill

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 12, 2008
I feel like iOS 6 is holding iPad 4 back, there's soooooooooo much potential in this thing that iOS 6 just doesn't take advantage of. Hoping for a massive iOS update next year, don't care what they do with hardware

Last edited by a moderator:

anubis1980

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Since iOS 6 I have noticed jerking and stuttering on safari some games every now and then on ipad 3. Ipad 4 is quicker but I experience the same stuttering. iOS 5 on ipad 3 was much better

karlth

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2010
Since iOS 6 I have noticed jerking and stuttering on safari some games every now and then on ipad 3. Ipad 4 is quicker but I experience the same stuttering. iOS 5 on ipad 3 was much better
Try turning off spotlight search and using chrome.

tann

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2010
UK
I think next year they will hopefully bring in more stuff, the iPad 4 and iPhone 5 are now so powerful even compared to the phones/tablets released only 2 years ago! The OS however has largely stayed exactly the same! So now they have the power (quite literally) to do more (in the background, on the screen, etc) so I'm hoping they take advantage of that.

jimN

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2005
London
This seems to be a usage thing. I use twitter but am happy to go looking for it, I don't want the constant barrage of crap that goes on there but I guess it would be nice to have the option.

I can only imagine that on phones that constantly feed you Twitter and Facebook updates that 1. Your data usage go up, 2. The number of people you follow/friend goes down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.