Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vanilla35

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2013
Washington D.C.
Well said and I agree 100%

----------

I doubt I would, if that rumor were true. I can't see a tablet of that size being viable. If it had a higher resolution, then it would be more compelling.

It will have close to 4k resolution, so yeah. I'll be laughing when all the iPad Air fanboys start drooling over it :D

Despite whatever they say now about how "If I wanted to use a 13" screen I'd use a laptop!"

PieMac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2002
Same here. I feel stupid returning my Air...will buy another and return the mini once my refund has been credited.

I did the same thing...was in Best Buy and wound up buying the Air when it was released even though I swore I was going to wait for the retina Mini. I used the Air for a week or so and although I really appreciated the reduction in size and weight from the previous generation, as well as the larger screen, I decided to return it after purchasing the retina Mini.

Flash forward almost a week later and now I'm starting to miss that larger screen and am wondering if I made a mistake.

I had an iPad 3 and bought the iPad Mini when it came out last year because I was intrigued with the size. I figured I would play around with the Mini and would wind up selling it-especially since it didn't have that beautiful retina display that I was so used to. Turned out I fell in love with the size of the Mini and sold my iPad 3 instead. Now I'm not sure which one I prefer...hard call.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I did the same thing...was in Best Buy and wound up buying the Air when it was released even though I swore I was going to wait for the retina Mini. I used the Air for a week or so and although I really appreciated the reduction in size and weight from the previous generation, as well as the larger screen, I decided to return it after purchasing the retina Mini.

Flash forward almost a week later and now I'm starting to miss that larger screen and am wondering if I made a mistake.

I had an iPad 3 and bought the iPad Mini when it came out last year because I was intrigued with the size. I figured I would play around with the Mini and would wind up selling it-especially since it didn't have that beautiful retina display that I was so used to. Turned out I fell in love with the size of the Mini and sold my iPad 3 instead. Now I'm not sure which one I prefer...hard call.

Decide what you will be doing often with an iPad and go from there. I have both currently and the additional weight and size is very very tolerable with the Air. To tell the truth, I really do not hold it for a long period of time as it is docked in the keyboard or standing with the Smart Cover.

For only $100 difference, I feel the Air is the better option currently for me.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
I was at Best Buy today and the Air was just plain badass. Too bad the iPad 2 is still sold and that 7.1 is looking to make the UI work smoother.

Lucille Carter

Suspended
Jul 3, 2013
The Air is FAR superior and is perfect in size and weight for me.

The people with the mini are in denial and like their colors washed out and dull.:eek:

JUST KIDDING!

It is nice that Apple gives us a choice so pick what you want and enjoy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.