Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dolphinx

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2012
Pelican 1080
-Fits notebook computers up to 12.3" L x 9.3" W x 1.5" D
-Download the 1080 Laptop Fit Guide to view the current laptops that will fit into the 1080 HardBack™ Case.
-Pick N Pluck™ with convoluted lid foam
-Easy snap anodized aluminum latch
O-ring seal
-Vent with Gore-Tex® membrane for auto pressure balance
-Lifetime Guarantee of Excellence
-Fits the New Apple® iPad®
-Watertight, crushproof, and dust proof

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    314.7 KB · Views: 165
  • Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    423.7 KB · Views: 155
  • Image 4.jpg
    Image 4.jpg
    360.9 KB · Views: 138
  • Image 2.jpg
    Image 2.jpg
    385.5 KB · Views: 170

dyn

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2009
.nl
Pelican 1080
-Fits notebook computers up to 12.3" L x 9.3" W x 1.5" D
-Download the 1080 Laptop Fit Guide to view the current laptops that will fit into the 1080 HardBack™ Case.
-Pick N Pluck™ with convoluted lid foam
-Easy snap anodized aluminum latch
O-ring seal
-Vent with Gore-Tex® membrane for auto pressure balance
-Lifetime Guarantee of Excellence
-Fits the New Apple® iPad®
-Watertight, crushproof, and dust proof
Where do you put the charger for that 11" Air?

broboore

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2008
I ran across this Etsy seller while buying coffee at a place in Grand Rapids, MI. called Madcap. He had some bags up for raffle, and I thought they were pretty awesome. I haven't made the leap to get this but they are pretty tempting.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/MercyLeatherWork

In particular, I like this bag.

il_570xN.309780250.jpg

and this one

il_fullxfull.367660666_5tdt.jpg

But all of his stuff seems pretty cool, and he is willing to work with you on custom designs.

dbdynsty25

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2008
Thousand Oaks, CA
I've been on a hellova trip to find the best messenger bag or backpack for my trip to and from work each day. I think I may have found the perfect, smallish bag, that can hold all my stuff. The Booq Courier 13. It fits all of my stuff with some room to spare. I'm a huge fan of Booq bags, so it was essentially the first place I looked and I have yet to find a bag better (much to Amazon's chagrin, great return policy). For $99 I believe it's a steal given the build quality and design. Just awesome.

Here's what I've got in it:

13" Air w/ AC Adapter and Extension Cord
iPad 3
Playstation Vita w charging cable
Canon S100 compact camera w Charger
2 Portable Hard Drives
Miscellaneous USB/Charging Cables SD Cards/USB Sticks
Bluetooth Apple Mouse
Miscellaneous Grooming Stuff (chapstick, lotion, comb, etc)

The only real drawback is that there isn't a ton of organizational stuff in the big front pocket. I think I'm going to get a Cacoon Grid-It to organize a bit more, but that's a small complaint.

A few pics from their site:

MCR-BLK1.jpg

MCR-BLK3.jpg

MCR-BLK6.jpg

MCR-BLK7.jpg

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
WATERFIELD DESIGNS. This is a SIMPLE SLEEVE, no storage for other stuff.

Although you can order it with/without a shoulder strap, a flap, extra pockets etc. As shown it cost me usd$60, more options, more$ sfbags.com

Pro: Good ballistic nylon, no zipper or buckle to scratch anything.

Con: Kinda$$

To watch out:

Fits my Air 11" tighter than I would like, this maybe a feature for some so if u accidentally turn it upside down with strap loose it can't fall out, but I just need it inside my backpack and the extra "tightness" means I have to first remove the entire sleeve from the pack, THEN use both hands... At some point I am going to sew some kind of holder strap to the bottom of my pack so I don't have to do this double motion.

I would rather not have the strap at all, as I say I use it inside my backpack, but oh well no option to leave it out.

The included back pocket is not going to fit an iPad if that's what you are thinking. It's good for papers, pens, perhaps a cell phone that's it. BUT, you can order this item with more pockets. See their website.

There is SEAM on both sides along the entire length. Now if Apple was able to make a SEAM-LESS iPod Mini casing... hey am paying big$ but oh well that's just picky me.

The inside is lined with a felt material. Softness 6.5 (1=rough, 10=butter). For my intended use, I was hoping for a 8.5-9.

There is a large label on the back "Made in San Francisco" may turn off some people? ;)

Attachments

• WF1.jpg
    WF1.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 129
  • WF2.jpg
    WF2.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 130
  • WF3.jpg
    WF3.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 122

abiusambiz

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2008
Arcadia, CA
Booq Viper sleeve

I've been searching for a good protective sleeve for my Macbook 13 air and came across this company, booq. Have never heard of it but I liked their selection of Apple specific products so I gave it a shot!

Have you guys tried the Booq Viper sleeve? It's awesome! I've been using it and the magnetic opening works like a charm! They come in black, gray, and purple! I hope they come out with a 15-inch for the retina!

Here are some links:

website page: http://www.booqbags.com/us/sleeves/viper-sleeve/VSL13-GRY

and the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ3hVLeRQeQ&feature=context-cha

you should check it out!

h3yjosh

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2012
Picked up the incase sleeve from tjmaxx yesterday for 10 dollars.

13mbpneoprenesleeveinsigniablue01.jpg

Using the sleeve for more protection inside of my Timbuk2 Command bag.

268-4-2000_front.jpg

jmoore5196

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2009
Russellville AR
I've finally given up on BeyzaCases' 11" MBA sleeve ... too unsubstantial and not particularly attractive. Served me well for my 2011 and 2012 11" iterations, but enough is enough.

I ordered a bright orange 11" sleeve from Toffee. They're Down Under, and their communication is sparse at best. They sent me the 13" by mistake, but quickly rectified the error.

The 11" Toffee sleeve is certainly bright ... vivid might be a better word. It's thick enough - but not too thick - and the zipper seems substantial. If anyone wants photos, let me know and I'll upload a couple for your edification.

So far, so good ... having tried most of the other alternatives, it's a good feeling not to rule something out immediately!

mpaquette

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2010
Columbia, SC
I've been on a hellova trip to find the best messenger bag or backpack for my trip to and from work each day. I think I may have found the perfect, smallish bag, that can hold all my stuff. The Booq Courier 13. It fits all of my stuff with some room to spare. I'm a huge fan of Booq bags, so it was essentially the first place I looked and I have yet to find a bag better (much to Amazon's chagrin, great return policy). For $99 I believe it's a steal given the build quality and design. Just awesome.

I picked up this same back for my 13" Air about a month ago. Great bag, really like it so far.

kattskrall

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2012
Just received my Thule Gauntlet 13" MacBook Air Sleeve. I had doubts but turns out, it is way more secure than I expected :)

how is it compared to neoprene cases? is it sturdy or flimsy? Been checkin out that one a bit.

----------

returnimg.php

Walk on water "bogart"
I bought that one. It does the job but the zipper comes in contact with the mac when taking it out and putting it in. A discrete bag, don't wanna flash i have a expensive laptop in there.

Not the best protection for the laptop in there tho. I'm getting my sleeve i ordered from deal extreme soon so i can put it in there for a more snug fit. :D

plucky duck

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2012
I don't want nor do I need a typical laptop bag, I like the looks of the lowepro passport sling bag and will give it a try and see how I like it, as its cheap enough to use as a handbag for the wiry if I don't like it.

Melcombe

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2012
South Coast. UK
... I also use the ACME MADE Skinny Sleeve. Protects the already durable Air even more especially when I travel and my bag gets tossed all over the place.

I bought my AM sleeve on a recommendation and find it superb. It adds very little bulk and gives plenty of protection - ' though plainly not as much as a Peli :rolleyes:

All I need now is a suitably svelte case for my charger... Any recc's?

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010
Can anyone offer up some nice backpacks for a 13" MBA? I would be using it for school so it would be nice if it also had room for some books and what not. Thanks.

uEih

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2012
What are your thoughts on hardshell cases? I personally don't like them but as i was carrying my laptop around the house last week i accidentally bumped a corner and it left a small dent on my air, i immediately went and bought a hardshell case to protect other bumps i may have in the future but i really prefer the laptop without one.

lithium1330

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2012
I searched everywhere for a lightweight leather messenger/laptop bag. The problem with most messenger/laptop bags in market today is that they're designed to carry big laptops, bulky power supply/3' long cord and room for a binder full of paper. I needed something that i can carry the MBA + few small items with me all day, to/from different meetings, etc..
I looked at the SFBags City Slicker, but that was basically a sleeve with a shoulder strap - some commented you can barely fit the power supply.

I searched on etsy.com and found this shop that crafts hand-cut/hand-sewn leather bags & accessories. I found the style of bag I liked and asked Aixa (the owner) to make the bag with the dimension I need to fit the 13" MBA + a few accessories. A few weeks later, the bag showed up... It has a dividing sleeve inside to separate the MBA from the MBA power adapter, VGA adapter, small notepad and my Samsung 10.1 tablet. A small pocket I use for headphones, biz cards. That's everything I need for the day - keeping things simple/minimalistic. The brown leather looks nice and should wear nicely over time. And it's a very unique bag and I get plenty of complements.

Outside:
FB_IMG_13482673863971556.jpg

Inside:
20120922_114857.jpg

zipur

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2011
The great state of Texas
Does anyone have this case?

I plan on getting this case for my wife, just wondering if anyone else has tried this case, its lined with memory foam, look great! She is gonna love it.
Screen Shot 2012-09-24 at 9.28.30 PM.png

Its from Burnoaa LINK

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.