The Macbook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo - present and future

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DanGrr, Feb 8, 2007.

  1. DanGrr macrumors newbie

    Feb 8, 2007
    I've posted this on another forum but I'd like to know people's comments on this. There are some rumours circulating the web, that are going to happen, but the date is a bit uncertain to when is going to happen.

    I am reluctant on buying a MCB Pro C2D now, because Im waiting for:

    - The Creative Adobe Suite CS3 (actually Im just eager for Illustrator CS3), because it will work with the C2D Macs, which will be run natively and not through emulation software;

    - There will be an upgrade in the processors:

    - Leopard.

    If this is going to happen in the near future, say, 3 months, Im all for waiting. But time is uncertain...

    What would you do?
  2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

    Oct 31, 2006
    The stuff you're talking about might not happen till June 11, when the developer conference is. You could always buy leopard, if it means months of productivity beforehand. There may be processor bumps, but nothing significant within 3 months. CS3 will run great on the current machines. It really depends on how badly you need the computer, if you can wait, wait if you want. Otherwise get it now, and you won't be disappointed.
  3. crazyworld macrumors member

    Feb 4, 2007
    just got one so stil early dayss but see this..

    everythin else seem fine......i been waitin a while to upgrade but this now 2nd gen mbp so shud b a lot of probs fixed.. rumor new screens but on 17mbp prob 6mths.. bump in proces speed aint worth waitin nor leopard.. and u dont want 1st gen of nex chipset judgin by appl QC at moment..
  4. DanGrr thread starter macrumors newbie

    Feb 8, 2007
    Im having some trouble understanding you crazyworld, you're saying it's best to buy the 2nd generation MCP?
  5. crazyworld macrumors member

    Feb 4, 2007
    eh? 2nd gen mBp.. ie model availabl now, mbp c2d
  6. compuwar macrumors 601


    Oct 5, 2006
    Northern/Central VA
    CS3 will run better not matter what, but if you're upgrading from CS2, then I don't see that as a reason to wait. Ditto Leopard. I'm not sure what the Intel roadmap looks like, or what Apple's chipset plans are- those would determine what additional boost the platform might get. Overall, the big question is if you don't wait, can you get more useful work done in the next 3 mos?

Share This Page