Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DanGrr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2007
I've posted this on another forum but I'd like to know people's comments on this. There are some rumours circulating the web, that are going to happen, but the date is a bit uncertain to when is going to happen.

I am reluctant on buying a MCB Pro C2D now, because Im waiting for:

- The Creative Adobe Suite CS3 (actually Im just eager for Illustrator CS3), because it will work with the C2D Macs, which will be run natively and not through emulation software;

- There will be an upgrade in the processors:

- Leopard.

If this is going to happen in the near future, say, 3 months, Im all for waiting. But time is uncertain...

What would you do?

aaronw1986

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2006
The stuff you're talking about might not happen till June 11, when the developer conference is. You could always buy leopard, if it means months of productivity beforehand. There may be processor bumps, but nothing significant within 3 months. CS3 will run great on the current machines. It really depends on how badly you need the computer, if you can wait, wait if you want. Otherwise get it now, and you won't be disappointed.

crazyworld

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2007
just got one so stil early dayss but see this.. https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/277604/

everythin else seem fine......i been waitin a while to upgrade but this now 2nd gen mbp so shud b a lot of probs fixed.. rumor new screens but on 17mbp prob 6mths.. bump in proces speed aint worth waitin nor leopard.. and u dont want 1st gen of nex chipset judgin by appl QC at moment..

DanGrr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2007
Im having some trouble understanding you crazyworld, you're saying it's best to buy the 2nd generation MCP?

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
I've posted this on another forum but I'd like to know people's comments on this. There are some rumours circulating the web, that are going to happen, but the date is a bit uncertain to when is going to happen.

I am reluctant on buying a MCB Pro C2D now, because Im waiting for:

- The Creative Adobe Suite CS3 (actually Im just eager for Illustrator CS3), because it will work with the C2D Macs, which will be run natively and not through emulation software;

- There will be an upgrade in the processors:

- Leopard.

If this is going to happen in the near future, say, 3 months, Im all for waiting. But time is uncertain...

What would you do?

CS3 will run better not matter what, but if you're upgrading from CS2, then I don't see that as a reason to wait. Ditto Leopard. I'm not sure what the Intel roadmap looks like, or what Apple's chipset plans are- those would determine what additional boost the platform might get. Overall, the big question is if you don't wait, can you get more useful work done in the next 3 mos?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.