Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Right chaps, as promised here's a breakdown of who's managing who this season...

1871 Readingrad - cambookpro
Banana Banana - Jasonbot
Bayern Bru - coatsy
Brained FC - pivo6
Cleveland FC - Lord Blackadder
Fabulous Boyz - Kofi
FFM - andrewstephenso
Fightin Shrooms - pjlander
Fizzy's Flyers - Fizzoid
Hardly Athletic - Tom8
Just kick it! - Jordans2232
keta all stars - Rich
LITH United - 2020Mike
Mancunian Mopheads - andalusia
Neutron Heath - oscillatewildly
Omaha Latics - swiftaw
Owen's Warriors - danielowenuk
Pachyderm FC - pachyderm
Prospect Park FC - Silencio
Sporting Dual-Cores - Jaffa Cake
The Stoplights - Tilpots
Tall Saints - phil.black
Telford Blues - Phil A.
Thigh High Socks - stridemat
t!llionaire's iToys - twietee
Tim's Team - timsutcliffe
Woodshire FC - WoodNUFC

Hopefully everything's correct but apologies if I've made any errors - if so, let me know and I'll rectify them.

Last edited:

timsutcliffe

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2007
App

Anyone know about the app for Fantasy Football? I had it, deleted it as I couldn't log in, and now I can't find it on the App Store.

Reasonable first weekend for me, need to get rid of Azpilicueta though.

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Anyone know about the app for Fantasy Football? I had it, deleted it as I couldn't log in, and now I can't find it on the App Store.

Reasonable first weekend for me, need to get rid of Azpilicueta though.

I don't think there's an official EPL app this year. Try FFM's app by Member andrewstephenso, it's awesome! They've made some great changes and additions to it this year and I've been very pleased.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
I second that! I mean, how satisfying would it be to crack the 100 the very first gw? :D

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Tilpots, that ain't right. And you know it! Shame on you and Ivan..shame on you two I say!

Congrats to the FabBoyz, though!

Edit: no, wait a minute. Ivan and Terry?!? I take that back. :D

danielowenuk

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
Dodgy game week, not happy.

How do Chelsea and Villa get to play twice in a week???

Surely anyone with multiple chelsea/villa players is going to do better.

I want a refund

</bitching>

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
How do Chelsea and Villa get to play twice in a week???

Surely anyone with multiple chelsea/villa players is going to do better.
Chelsea - as Europa League winners - are playing in the UEFA Super Cup during Gameweek 3. They were scheduled to play Villa during that week so that match was rescheduled, giving both teams a Double Gameweek in Week 1.

The other side of the coin is of course that any Chelsea or Villa players we hold won't feature at all in Gameweek 3 as neither team will be playing then.

This sort of thing will happen a few times during the course of the season, as fixtures are switched due to things like teams progressing in cups or postponements due to the weather. Canny managers keep a close eye on the fixtures and will try to make sure that their teams are set up to take advantage of any double point opportunities. ;)

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Tilpots, that ain't right. And you know it! Shame on you and Ivan..shame on you two I say!

Congrats to the FabBoyz, though!

Edit: no, wait a minute. Ivan and Terry?!? I take that back. :D

Beep Beep. :cool:

And I second the congrats to the Boyz. Century mark GW1? Oh yeah!!!

If I had only captained Benteke...

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
Well, I'm off to my typical slow start, then. :eek:

At least they reviewed the tape and awarded Hazard an assist after all.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Is it just me, or has competition rapidly increased this year?

Tilpots, who did you bring in for Lukaku? :p Shame on you!

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Well, I'm off to my typical slow start, then. :eek:

At least they reviewed the tape and awarded Hazard an assist after all.

I'm not entirely clear on the OG rules. Shouldn't Hazard just have gotten the Goal and not the assist? I know it was saved and bounced off Luna, but it was completely unavoidable. The shot by Hazard found it's way into the net. Almost exactly the same as it hitting the post and going in or even deflecting off the keeper's hand to the post and in. Luna had zero chance of altering that outcome. And I guess i think that's what it should be based off of, whether the Defender had an opportunity for a different outcome.

Is it just me, or has competition rapidly increased this year?

Tilpots, who did you bring in for Lukaku? :p Shame on you!

The numbers are way up! Kudo's to our League.

I went with Soldado. I liked the way he played in that first game. Once that offense gels without Bale, look out for him! Sigurdsson had some great opportunities as well. Another one to watch.

I love to make about 4 changes this week! Happy with the team, but i see several players I really want. Shame it'll take a whole month to bring them all on board... No patience! :(

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
I went with Soldado. I liked the way he played in that first game. Once that offense gels without Bale, look out for him! Sigurdsson had some great opportunities as well. Another one to watch.

I love to make about 4 changes this week! Happy with the team, but i see several players I really want. Shame it'll take a whole month to bring them all on board... No patience! :(

Soldado, eh? You sure you're not just copying my team, mate?! But actually I agree, could take me some hits too this week...must...resist...

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
I'm not entirely clear on the OG rules. Shouldn't Hazard just have gotten the Goal and not the assist? I know it was saved and bounced off Luna, but it was completely unavoidable. The shot by Hazard found it's way into the net. Almost exactly the same as it hitting the post and going in or even deflecting off the keeper's hand to the post and in. Luna had zero chance of altering that outcome. And I guess i think that's what it should be based off of, whether the Defender had an opportunity for a different outcome.
Hazard's shot was parried away by Guzan - it was heading away from goal when it struck Luna and he knocked it in.

Had Hazard's on-target shot hit just Luna and been deflected in, then the goal should have been awarded to the Chelsea player. As it is, the path of the ball took two heavy deflections after it left Hazard's foot - I'm actually surprised he was given the assist but as he was my captain I'll happily take it!

From the FPL site;

After review of TV footage and the game rules an assist has been awarded to Eden Hazard for the first Chelsea goal. His shot was saved by the goalkeeper and a goal was scored from the rebound.

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
^^ I do see what you're saying and after researching, I understand the rule, but once the ball left Hazard's foot, it was going in the net. I'm thinking of hockey as an example where they don't award own goals. Deflections are just a part of the game and the last player to touch the puck on the scoring team is awarded the Goal. Not complaining, just voicing an opinion. I was a little upset during the game that they didn't give him an Assist, but glad they decided at least to do that too upon further review.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
I don't know if you know this Tilpots, but we have a Dubious Goals Committee in the Premier League. This shadowy and secretive body meet three or four times a season to decide who goals should be awarded to if there's any dispute over a dodgy deflection or a questionable own goal.

Unfortunately, their decisions aren't reflected in our fantasy points - those scores are fixed in the Gameweek. Boo!

Anyway, I got so excited about the start of our new season that I forgot to post up the fixtures for the MacRumors Cup. Bah! Here though are the results from Gameweek 1...

1871 Readingrad 78 - 73 Sporting Dual-Cores
Hardly Athletic 73 - 75 Pachyderm FC
t!llionaire's iToys 92 - 63 Prospect Park FC
Tall Saints 90 - 58 Banana Banana
Fantasy ⚽️ Manager 76 - 50 Woodshire FC
Telford Blues 61 - 93 The Stoplights
keta all stars 81 - 77 Fizzy's Flyers
Cleveland FC 64 - 68 Mancunian Mopheads
LITH United 55 - 90 Neutron Heath
Bayern Bru 90 - 82 Brained FC
Just kick it! 42 - 88 Omaha Latics
Thigh High Socks 73 - 43 Fightin Shrooms
Tim's Team 74 - 100 Fabulous Boyz

I'll post this week's fixtures up a little later, once I've finished consulting the MacRumors Dubious Results Committee on whether or not I can chalk off any of 1871 Readingrad's points.

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
Take that silencio!

Nice edit. I assume you talked even more smack, but thought the better of it because it's a long, long season and my boys will be up for it?

At this rate, pizza will be flung in the tunnel. I'll be sure to wear a suit I don't care about on that matchday. :p:cool:

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
At this rate, pizza will be flung in the tunnel. I'll be sure to wear a suit I don't care about on that matchday. :p:cool:
Just as long as there's no spitting in the tunnel. I can't abide that sort of behaviour.

Anyway, here are the Gameweek 2 Cup fixtures - don't forget, the deadline for transfers and line-up changes is 11.30am GMT tomorrow.

Sporting Dual-Cores v Hardly Athletic
Pachyderm FC v Tim's Team
Fabulous Boyz v Thigh High Socks
Fightin Shrooms v Just kick it!
Omaha Latics v Bayern Bru
Brained FC v LITH United
Neutron Heath v Cleveland FC
Mancunian Mopheads v keta all stars
Fizzy's Flyers v Telford Blues
The Stoplights v Fantasy ⚽️ Manager
Woodshire FC v Tall Saints
Banana Banana v t!llionaire's iToys
Prospect Park FC v 1871 Readingrad​

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Stupid Dubious Goals Committee. I knew something fishy was going on. Always one step behind these sneaky Europeans! Except in the standings. Wha?!?! Oh, yes I did. Gotta live it up while I can... :D

Viva la Stoplights!!!

Bring it FFM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.