Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oscillatewildly

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2007
23 Railway Cuttings
Norwich City v Aston Villa:

The perfect game to half-time; Snodgrass finds out he is being sold for next gameweek and misses a penalty, and Soldado gets a reprieve as Benteke pulls a muscle. :(

Edit - What a day to give up playing Brady! Drat, and double drat!

Last edited:

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Not a bad day for the Cores, with Baines bagging two goals and my two Hull City starters doing me proud with goals and bonus points aplenty.

Unfortunately though I made a late decision to make Benteke captain. Bah!

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Not a bad day for the Cores, with Baines bagging two goals and my two Hull City starters doing me proud with goals and bonus points aplenty.

Unfortunately though I made a late decision to make Benteke captain. Bah!

Benteke aside, the HCAFC boys came thru. Nice week so far!

I didn't see Baines' benders but I heard they were spectacular. Going off to watch now.

Edit: Wow. That second one. Marksmen.

WoodNUFC

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2009
A Library
Brilliant week for Woodshire FC. Hopefully I can keep a decent squad together! I picked up a new striker for this coming week though. Dzeko just wasn't producing the last few weeks.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Brilliant week for Woodshire FC. Hopefully I can keep a decent squad together! I picked up a new striker for this coming week though. Dzeko just wasn't producing the last few weeks.

Remy? :D

I'd like to get Lukaku in but who to ship out? I'd rock a brilliant 4-2-4 if possible..MOTM material...

WoodNUFC

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2009
A Library
After a pretty slow August, September worked wonders for the lads at Woodshire FC! Great month of fantasy football!

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Cup results!

Sporting Dual-Cores 50 - 33 Fabulous Boyz
Fightin Shrooms 49 - 35 Pachyderm FC
Omaha Latics 69 - 47 Hardly Athletic
Brainerd FC 49 - 59 Tim's Team
Neutron Heath 61 - 34 Thigh High Socks
Mancunian Mopheads 42 - 46 Just kick it!
Fizzy's Flyers 34 - 32 Bayern Bru
The Stoplights 19 - 56 LITH United
Woodshire FC 62 - 53 Cleveland FC
Banana Banana 57 - 37 Keta All Stars
Prospect Park FC 45 - 19 Telford Blues
1871 Readingrad 46 - 53 Fantasy ⚽️ Manager
T!llionaire's iToys 54 - 59 Tall Saints

Cup fixtures!

Fantasy ⚽️ Manager v Sporting Dual-Cores
Hardly Athletic v Mancunian Mopheads
Pachyderm FC v Neutron Heath
Fabulous Boyz v Brained FC
Fightin Shrooms v Omaha Latics
Telford Blues v Tall Saints
Keta All Stars v T!llionaire's iToys
Cleveland FC v 1871 Readingrad
LITH United v Prospect Park FC
Bayern Bru v Banana Banana
Just kick it! v Woodshire FC
Thigh High Socks v The Stoplights
Tim's Team v Fizzy's Flyers​

Gameweek 7 looms, the deadline for all your changes is 11.30am tomorrow morning (GMT)

With September behind us, it's time to take a look back at how we fared during the month. Here's the table as it stands at the end of Gameweek 6...

League-Table1314_GW_6.png

...and as such we can present September's MacRumors Manager of the Month award. So step forward WoodNUFC, for your Woodshire FC have won you the gong with an unmatched 189 point for the month.

WoodNUFC.png

Well done, WoodNUFC. :)

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Congrats woodNUFC!

What happened to Pachy's points, though? And even more important, what happened to Pachy's team?!? Hope your still with us mate!

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Congrats woodNUFC!

What happened to Pachy's points, though? And even more important, what happened to Pachy's team?!? Hope your still with us mate!

i am.

simply not getting it right. and last night i forgot to set my line up. i did look at it though and didn't notice RVP was hurt. so i blew it...

:(

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
The Stoplights are broken. Where is the button to fire yourself as manager? In related news, I'm hiring a manager. PM me your resumes.

I feel your pain. No idea really why I'm still top 4....or how I even got there. :confused:

Lukaku and Sturridge keep my head above water right now.

Fizzoid

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
UK
Sorry, bit late to this thread. I should have warned people that I've ended Ramsey's goal scoring run as I transferred him into my team before last weekend, and it already had an immediate effect!

Ozil can kiss his assist count goodbye as well!

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Sorry, bit late to this thread. I should have warned people that I've ended Ramsey's goal scoring run as I transferred him into my team before last weekend, and it already had an immediate effect!

So did I, oh well. :(

Maybe we two should get Yaya into the boat as well.
Not scared by Özil though. He's to good for this jinxing-thing. :D

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
Thanks, Jaffa.

Brilliant kit as per usual! Fantastic shirt sponsor!

Magnolia Bakery? Usually when you have a cupcake on your schedule, it means an easy game. I guess that's not true in this case!

Then again, if you're up against Prospect Park FC, maybe you are facing the new cupcake. What a poor year so far. My big money players aren't earning it, and my dark horse bargain picks have generally failed to fire as well. There will be blood on my squad sheet! :eek:

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
'Member when the EPL had games? We would pick players and see how well they did. I usually sucked at it. Anybody 'member dat? Feels like ages ago. Ahh, the good ole days.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
+1, Tilpots! It's time this game gets actually rolling again. I'm already lurking into the NFL and MBL threads, and that's a horrible sign! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.