Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KDUB222

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2014
I've got a brand new 2013 13" MacBook Pro 250 SSD core I5 model. Office 2011 runs like crap on my machine and it's a fresh machine. Everything else runs smoking fast. Actually crushes my Core i7 desktop monster machine.

I just think Office stinks on the Mac. I've done all the silly little tricks mentioned. None work. Permission repair doesn't last an hour. I got a Mac to get out of that whored out Microsoft world but still have to use Office. Can't believe a rudimentary program like Word can tax a new machine so much.

I can run a complex sequel search on my PC faster than the Mac can copy and paste a freaking sentence in Word.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
I've got a brand new 2013 13" MacBook Pro 250 SSD core I5 model. Office 2011 runs like crap on my machine and it's a fresh machine. Everything else runs smoking fast. Actually crushes my Core i7 desktop monster machine.

I just think Office stinks on the Mac. I've done all the silly little tricks mentioned. None work. Permission repair doesn't last an hour. I got a Mac to get out of that whored out Microsoft world but still have to use Office. Can't believe a rudimentary program like Word can tax a new machine so much.

I can run a complex sequel search on my PC faster than the Mac can copy and paste a freaking sentence in Word.

call apple. if you're on a new machine, you've got tech support available. (or hit a 'genius bar'....).

SantaRosa2.2

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2012
Somewhere in Florida
See my Signature for my Mac Specs, Mavericks has worked fine since I installed. I did have some spinning beachballs when trying to access files in a network attached disk connected to my time capsule. Had to hard reset the time capsule. Not sure if it was Mavericks Network file access problem or Airport issue. That is the only issue I have had since Mavericks was installed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.