Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reggaenald

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 26, 2021
This bothers me a lot while not even being affected by it (yet). Adapter users will now have to choose to either use their left-side USB C adapter, or the headphone jack, as the adapter will cover the all-new and bestest-yet jack.
I‘m talking about the adapter „bars“ you basically attach to both C ports.
Maybe you’ll be able to turn it around, but then you lose MagSafe. Either way, the jack should have remained on the right side no matter what. I’m looking forward to, once I need it, get one of these new MBP models in a couple of years, most likely for video and music production. And I already dread the thought of choosing between using the jack for speakers and headphones or using an adapter for basically everything else.
Pro my a$$, how did this slip through?.
That’s at least my biggest concern looking at these machines. Apart from the prices here in Germany, I don’t see much more wrong with it. Well, there’s the 2.0 HDMI port, but that will probably not affect me ever.
I’d love to hear from people actually considering buying on of them and wondering about this decision, too. I actually don’t even own such an adapter and was constantly considering buying one. But knowing that I will have trouble using it with one of these Macs I now feel very reluctant to get one.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.