Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MovieCutter

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 3, 2005
Washington, DC
<rant+sarcasm+semi seriousness>I know it's early, and the thing hasn't even been released yet...but with all the complaining about the MBP out there ("Oh my god, it ONLY has a 667Mhz front side bus, not much of a jump compared to the 133-167 we were stuck on for years", or "It didn't open iPhoto in less than a nanosecond...I'm not impressed...I can't believe it ONLY has 2 cores", more realistically "it makes a strange noise" or "I don't buy Rev A products" or "It gets hot" or "It's not 5x faster...it's only 3.5x faster than the Powerbook G4...what gives?" or "enter 10,000th complaint here), I figure we might as well start early and consolidate the complaints about the iBook replacement into one thread. I mean hey, it's the pattern right? Rumor of new product -> anticipation for new product -> rumored specs of new product often far surpass reality -> new product announced -> people overwhelmingly underwhelmed and disappointed -> complains endlessly on rumor sites. This IS the pattern right? But really, I just wanted to be the first to complain about the MacBook.

It ONLY has 64MB graphics! What the heck is wrong with Apple! It doesnt come with a Superdrive standard and ONLY has 512MB RAM, I'm not impressed. Sorry Apple, I was really hoping you'd get it right after the MacBook Pro fiasco...(and yes, I did have to start new thread for this)</rant+sarcasm+semi seriousness>

Kingsly

macrumors 68040
My Macbook sucks. I cant feel it, touch it, or see it. It just sits on my desk doing nothing. Also, its wayy to quiet. I mean, how the heck am I supposed to know if its even on?

I'll just stick to my "problem filled" MacBook Pro for now, until Apple fixes the bugs on the MacBook.

macgeek2005

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2006
Macs never have problems. I don't know how many of you are aware of the fact that everything in this world is determined by what we think, and if we believe there could be problems, there could be, and if we don't believe there could be problems, there aren't.

A 15 year old boy somewhere in the east has meditated for 10 weeks or sumthin without sleeping, eating, or going to the bathroom. He simply doesn't think he has too.

Well, I don't think my computers get problems, and I've NEVER touched a brand new computer that had a problem. And any computer that i've had since it was brand new, has never gotten problems.

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
No FW800, no ferry sprit included, it's not water proof to 6 fathoms, it doesn’t run DOS natively, Apple has not included legacy ports: cassette in/out, acoustic coupler, 5 1/2inch floppy, and monochrome CRT out (sans dongle), no SCSI port, and no ADB!

What is Apple thinking? Doesn’t Apple know that they’re leaving people behind by excluding these technologies? And there is no Kernel test on manual reboot. How am I to know if the “Kernel [is] Ok?” What if the Kernel needs my help? Sure, we know when the Kernel is panicking, but we never want to know about the Kernel if it’s doing well. That’s just rude.

Oh, and they don’t include a “Please Join The Class Action Suit Against This Product” form in the box. That’s libelous. There should be a class action suite filed against Apple for this.

Just my thoughts.

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
Your body dies after a certain amount of time without food or water, not everything is mental.

:)

10 weeks = probable death

10 weeks = exageration

miniConvert

macrumors 68040
I'm guessing there'll be a big fuss about Integrated Graphics again should the MacBook follow the Mac mini. I guess that'd be understandable, though thankfully the integrated graphics in my mini do an admirable job. The Mac mini runs hotter than the G4 one did, as far as I can tell, so I'm guessing there'll be plenty of heat complaints like with the MBP :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.