Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trey M

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2011
USA
Yep! Pretty excited!

Have you gotten your Picaso Lab case yet? Got mine a couple of days ago :)

----------

Whoa! Those are awesome. I don't know why I haven't heard of them before. It would be interesting to see one made of distressed leather.

Someone post a video and/or pic review of theirs, please.

I'll try to post a review here in a couple of days.

wij30

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2012
Hard graft

For those of you who like the style of the willow & Co and Pack smooch cases you may want to take a look at Hard Graft cases.

Enmanuel

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2012
Boston
back on subject

After looking at like a billion sleeves and cases and bags, I find this one is my favorite but in the darker Anthracite/dark brown combo. Any other info you can give us as to how its holding up to the daily use, how easy it is to get the computer in and out on a daily basis. And I'd particulary like to know how snug the fit is with the RMBP? is it loose or does the computer fit in there tight. also do you find it to be at all bulky with the computer inside?
Sorry for the many questions, I just need to make a decision about a sleeve and I really don't want to end up with something I ultimately don't like or having to send back anything.
Thanks in advance.

Enmanuel

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2012
Boston
back on subject

Oh here are a few pics from their website of the color combo I'm considering ordering.

Attachments

• laptop_sleeve_hampshire_adb_4_pack-smooch.com.jpg
    laptop_sleeve_hampshire_adb_4_pack-smooch.com.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 415
  • laptop_sleeve_hampshire_adb_5_pack-smooch.jpg
    laptop_sleeve_hampshire_adb_5_pack-smooch.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 434

ivanatheiguana

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2012
I am hoping to find a good Incase bag from the father's day GoogleDeal they had. I am leaning towards this one. http://goincase.com/products/detail/protective-sleeve-deluxe-cl57566 I can't decide if i like black or white better.

Did you end up buying it (and which colour!)? How does it fit the Macbook Pro with Retina? Bulky? Snug? I am interested in this case for the pouch and 'charge while in the case' feature. Just worried about it being too roomy/bulky for the 15" Macbook Pro with Retina because it is thinner.

Last edited:

walkie

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2010
Is there any case that camouflages my rMBP?, when I'm walking in the street I don't want anyone to see me carrying a laptop in hand (you know hidden thieves are everywhere), most bags and cases reveal you're carrying a laptop inside them, but I wonder since the rMBP is too thin if there is one that resembles a folder or an envelope?. Maybe I can make myself a camouflaged case using an envelope :).

Last edited:

trisweb

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2013
None of these were "my bag" as it were

I already have a laptop bag, a laptop backpack, and a shoulder bag. So I didn't need something thick or carry-able, and I don't need it to look particularly distinctive—just minimal.

I have been searching ever since I got my rMBP and haven't found anything resembling what I need—just a simple, minimal, neoprene or fabric slipcase. I almost made one myself.

Then I stumbled upon this one:

http://www.radtech.us/products/sleevznotebooks

Looks great! Ordered and will be getting it next week. Hopefully if someone is looking for an actual sleeve like I was, this will be of help.

dehory

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2008
I already have a laptop bag, a laptop backpack, and a shoulder bag. So I didn't need something thick or carry-able, and I don't need it to look particularly distinctive—just minimal.

I have been searching ever since I got my rMBP and haven't found anything resembling what I need—just a simple, minimal, neoprene or fabric slipcase. I almost made one myself.

Then I stumbled upon this one:

http://www.radtech.us/products/sleevznotebooks

Looks great! Ordered and will be getting it next week. Hopefully if someone is looking for an actual sleeve like I was, this will be of help.

People considering the RadSleevz should also check out Waterfield's very similar Suede Jacket Sleeve, which is only offered in black and has no logo. The neoprene padding on the bottom edge of the Waterfield sleeve is a nice detail -- although if you want "significant protection [against] incredible perils" like the RadSleevz apparently provides (?!!), you'd be better off looking at a product constructed from something more than 1 mm-thick microfiber material.

Raymond123

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2013
Any ideas for us lot in the UK?

You guys in the US are lucky to have so many quality options!

Can anyone reccomend anything in the UK?

I am looking for a snug fit sleeve to put into my laptop backpack.

(MB Pro 13" Retina)

thank you in advance

KFredje

macrumors member
May 19, 2013
I know this is an old thread but I'm also looking for a nice sleeve for a 15". I'm living in Belgium so also not many choices.

I like one like these: http://www.lab9.be/pictures/2386_detail.jpg?1241259592 but they are for the cMBP and not the rMBP.

Is the difference noticeable when using a cMBP sleeve instead of a rMBP sleeve?

And I'm still a student so I don't want something looking "old" or too expensive.

Chuck-Norris

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
Like many of you, as soon as the MBP with retina display was announced, I ordered the laptop and started emailing vendors to see if they made a sleeve or bag for the rMBP. After searching, I ended up going with Pack and Smooch's Hampshire Sleeve for my rMBP. I have used their sleeve for my previous 11" MBA and my iPhones and I really like their quality.

The sleeve for the rMBP is no different. It is made of high quality wool and tanned leather. It is precisely cut and tailored to the laptop. I really like how clean and simple it is without adding much bulk.

As you can see from the pictures, there is a pocket the width of the sleeve to fit anything from paperwork to pens/pencils, to your iPhone and/or the charger. I prefer to keep mine empty with the exception of a few papers or bills that I might need to take to work.

Now this sleeve is perfect to protect your rMBP from scratches and making it an extra protection if you put it in another bag. It doesn't have drop protection but I don't think many sleeves do anyways.

This should last me a long time since my 11" sleeve protected my laptop well until I sold it and I still use the iPhone sleeves for both my wife's and my iPhone 4S.

I tried my best to attach decent pictures but checkout the website for better pics and other colors available.

http://www.pack-smooch.com/en/shop/apple-laptop-sleeve-air-hampshire

let me know if you guys have any questions

what do you think of this leather sleeve?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.