Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IEatApples

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 26, 2004
Northern Hemisphere (Norway)
So I'm starting college the 15th and I will buy a Portable Mac.
I have almost decided to go with the 12" Powerbook, but now the Buyer's Guide is telling me to wait for upgrades. Now I'm thinking no upgrades untill Paris Expo 20-24 of September. Would I be right? If this be the case is the wait worth it?
I know it's college and I probably would do fine with an iBook, but I want something that would last a bit longer.

Any help?

kanpachi

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2005
IEatApples said:
So I'm starting college the 15th and I will buy a Portable Mac.
I have almost decided to go with the 12" Powerbook, but now the Buyer's Guide is telling me to wait for upgrades. Now I'm thinking no upgrades untill Paris Expo 20-24 of September. Would I be right? If this be the case is the wait worth it?
I know it's college and I probably would do fine with an iBook, but I want something that would last a bit longer.

Any help?

I think that if you need the computer now, you should just get it regardless of an update or not. Like the iBook update, I don't foresee the PB update being anything that significant. Unless you have some type of contingency, like having an old computer that will sufficiently suit your needs, you should probably consider getting it now. However, I would advise that you look at the 12" PB and use it for a little bit at the store and make sure you're happy with it. I've personally had some bad experiences with it when it comes to the screen quality.

"Human beings are a virus. A cancer of this planet ... and we are the cure."

ajampam

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2005
I would suggest: Ask yourself....what do you want? What you can spend...and in the end...would you be happy with it....I got tired of waiting and picked up a 12' PB superdrive recently....an update is always around the corner...my logic was simple...I dont want to try out the revA mactels....I dont think there are gonna be any "great" changes, if any, to the present PB line....I need something now...and I will anyways be picking up ta 15' mactel as soon as I think they are stable.....so I barge in on the apple store at mall of america....and bought the sweet li'l gorgeous..... :) :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.