Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TallyWynn

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2008
It could be worse...

My iPad (ordered 5/4) seems to be enjoying an all-inclusive 2-day (and counting) stay at the luxurious local FedEx facility, Lantau Island, Hong Kong. I'll be happy when it is even listed as "In Transit." I'm looking for mine to arrive between Monday and Wednesday.
To all of those that received delivery in time for the weekend, enjoy!

MrMac'n'Cheese

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2010
My iPad arrived today at 10:13 am~!!!

I'm currently having issues connecting to wifi....

I'll post pictures later.

skcrane

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2009
dayton, oh
I was so close to getting my ipad today it came overnight to indianapolis then to a sorter next to my house to be delivered by 10:30am today, but instead it was scanned incorrectly and is now staying in herndon, va, hopefully it will be redirected from there and delivered sat.!! UUGH!! Fedex customer service assured me it would be delivered saturday as it was their fault and I really would like to have the ipad for a trip to hawaii on sunday.

geekypastor

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2008
Frustrated

Been following this thread for about a week now and thought I would share my story. (why not?) Anyway, I ordered my 32gb 3G iPad on April 29th at my local mac store (not the apple store, but a resaler that also does repairs.) At the time of ordering I was told it would be 5-7 days same as what apple.com was posting, but could be earlier depending on what Apple sent them. Well, two weeks later and they say they haven't received any iPads in the last two weeks since the 3G launch. What????? I've seen iPads show up at Best Buy locally and read about folks getting theirs delivered to their house even though they ordered after me. After talking to an associate today, they were shocked anyone else was getting iPads. He thought since they weren't getting any shipment that no one was. Really? SO FRUSTRATED! I know that the 3G is scarce, but I ordered before launch day. I'm starting to wonder if they even placed an order.

Okay, I feel better now. Crazy I'm so obsessed with getting my iPad, patience will now be my virtue. :) Thanks for listening.

Anyone else order their 3G iPad after the 29th and received it?

Early 2008 Mac Pro, Late 2006 Macbook Pro, iPhone 3G, Powerbook G4, iPad 3G (hopefully)

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2009
SO FRUSTRATED! I know that the 3G is scarce, but I ordered before launch day. I'm starting to wonder if they even placed an order.

Okay, I feel better now. Crazy I'm so obsessed with getting my iPad, patience will now be my virtue. :) Thanks for listening.

Anyone else order their 3G iPad after the 29th and received it?

Early 2008 Mac Pro, Late 2006 Macbook Pro, iPhone 3G, Powerbook G4, iPad 3G (hopefully)

Frankly, you should probably either put yourself on a Apple Store list, or order one directly from Apple's website. Resellers aren't a priority. Even Best Buy is not the priority that Apple's own stores are. So if you want it quicker, your best bet is Apple themselves at this point. Even with the delay of just placing your order now, I bet you get one from Apple before you ever get one from your local reseller.

ukwildcat

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2009
Mine arrived in Fort Myers at the destination sort facility this morning. I have no hope of it being delivered today. Monday will be here soon.

ben12345

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2010
My iPad (ordered 5/4) seems to be enjoying an all-inclusive 2-day (and counting) stay at the luxurious local FedEx facility, Lantau Island, Hong Kong. I'll be happy when it is even listed as "In Transit." I'm looking for mine to arrive between Monday and Wednesday.
To all of those that received delivery in time for the weekend, enjoy!

TallyWynn
Has your status changed yet? I ordered one day after you (5-5) and mine also shows Lantau Island for the last two days.

Eric-PTEK

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2009
Mine went from AK to MI in a day. Looks like 2 days total trip from HK. It went straight from Shenzen to Anchorage. Never was held anywhere and FedEx said it went right through customs no problem.

It still says Tuesday delivery although it is in the master sort facility in Michigan I'm having it held for pickup.

FedEx said most likely it would still go out on Monday even though it says Tuesday but I actually need it for a meeting on Tuesday since I just shipped out my WiFi unit to Norway last night.

TallyWynn

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2008
TallyWynn
Has your status changed yet? I ordered one day after you (5-5) and mine also shows Lantau Island for the last two days.

As of Saturday, 11:30 a.m. ET, no update. It is still listed "At Local FedEx Facility" Lantau Island, HK. Mine has updated around lunchtime the past couple of days, I'm hoping that will happen today and that it will be stateside, at least. I anticipate that once it gets moving, it will move quickly (fingers crossed). When is your estimated delivery? For mine, Apple estimates Monday, FedEx originally said Tuesday, then my shipping progress went backwards and they changed it to Wednesday.

funkeruski

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2010
Mine says "in transit" Lantau Island, HK. It's been stuck on that for 24hrs. I was hoping that it was just flying over that location as it says in transit, but it looks like it stopped for a visit.

mye

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2010
Mine is now an hour from my house, and seems to have stalled for the weekend. Having it arrive at the start of a busy work week instead of at the end kills the excitement for me. I'm sure I'll feel differently if I make it through Monday!

I'm sure there's a very good reason for those 24 hour stays, such as messing with us and enjoying our suffering. :D

TallyWynn

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2008
May 4th order

Mine liked China so much, it went back and started over there! At one point, it said "In Transit" from Landau Island, but, after returning, now just says "At local FedEx facility." I have not received an update since yesterday (Friday) around lunchtime.

Attachments

• ipadtracking.jpg
    ipadtracking.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 93

geekypastor

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2008
Frankly, you should probably either put yourself on a Apple Store list, or order one directly from Apple's website. Resellers aren't a priority. Even Best Buy is not the priority that Apple's own stores are. So if you want it quicker, your best bet is Apple themselves at this point. Even with the delay of just placing your order now, I bet you get one from Apple before you ever get one from your local reseller.

Thanks for the advice. I called the apple store and got my reservation in. Now it will be interesting to see who delivers first. My bet is on the apple store. Hopefully I can get a refund quickly from the other resaler. Sad, though, countdown now starts over from my original order date of 4/29 to 5/14. ARGHHH.....

ben12345

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2010
As of Saturday, 11:30 a.m. ET, no update. It is still listed "At Local FedEx Facility" Lantau Island, HK. Mine has updated around lunchtime the past couple of days, I'm hoping that will happen today and that it will be stateside, at least. I anticipate that once it gets moving, it will move quickly (fingers crossed). When is your estimated delivery? For mine, Apple estimates Monday, FedEx originally said Tuesday, then my shipping progress went backwards and they changed it to Wednesday.

I ordered one day after you and I am one day behind you. Apple said Tuesday delivery and FedEX said Thurs. I am also still showing "At Local FedEX Facility" Satuday, 11:30am ET.

TallyWynn

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2008
Welcome to America!

I finally got a FedEx update and my iPad has finally arrived in Anchorage, AK! Yippee!!

zeferjen

macrumors member
May 12, 2010
Princeton, NJ
Well it's been a LONG two weeks but it's on the truck for delivery. In a few more hours it should be in my hands. Anyone else expecting delivery today?

TallyWynn

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2008
Well it's been a LONG two weeks but it's on the truck for delivery. In a few more hours it should be in my hands. Anyone else expecting delivery today?

Mine is on the truck for delivery as well! Mine took almost 2 weeks from order to delivery, as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.