Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMetalG5

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2005
I love the CandyShell but I did order this one from the program. And yes the people that have this swear by it. I honestly don't like it that much look wise but after seeing it in person on a i4 I have to say fit and finish is impressive. Mine won't ship until late Sept. :rolleyes:

makefunnyfaces

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2010
West Virginia
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I love the PixelSkin HD. It has managed to stay on my phone longer than any other case.

felt.

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
Canada
excellent, this is the case I selected through the iphone case program due to the fact that I've been using the pixelskin on my ipod and have loved it. :D still 4-6 weeks left until it ships though :eek:

intervenient

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
I bought the revised CandyShell yesterday to tide me over for my free PixelSkin HD and LOVE IT. I have never put a case on a cell phone, but Speck has done such a great job with this case that I can't help but adore it. Speck has my business for sure.

PlatinuM195

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2009
I ordered this from the free case promotion too and it sounds like as if it will definitely bubble screen protectors. I'm wondering, if it's not 'too' bad, then I should be able to live with it.

frikfrak

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2007
I ordered this from the free case promotion too and it sounds like as if it will definitely bubble screen protectors. I'm wondering, if it's not 'too' bad, then I should be able to live with it.

Didn't bubble my SGP Oleophobic or what im using now, PS AntiGlare. Others have said it does. Not for me.

PlatinuM195

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2009
Didn't bubble my SGP Oleophobic or what im using now, PS AntiGlare. Others have said it does. Not for me.

Did you put it on any particular way? It sounds as if some people who carefully slipped it on seem to have gotten it to work without bubbling.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Yeah I can't speak for screen protectors, though some have said it does cause bubbles. I imagine it's due to how thick/thin the protector is.

Been using this case all night now and I looooooove it. Just feels so well put together.

I should work for Speck, hah!

simple20

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
I really like my HD as well. Really wish it came in white. The candy shell looks absurd I think. Makes the phone way too thick.. But it does feel bulletproof. The glossy finish looks tacky IMO, and scratches way to easily. In the HD, my iP4 survived a 3 foot fall no problem, and the material just feels nice in the hand.

cryer

macrumors regular
May 3, 2010
There, I said.

I know, I know, people have different needs when it comes to cases, but I've tried a TON.

I've tried Incipio, Griffin Reveal (sucks ASS!), the Griffin Reveal Etch (also sucks a TON), Gear 4 tire track (not bad but hard to press buttons through rubber), the Apple Bumper, a few off-brand cases, and now, finally, I BOUGHT the Speck Pixelskin HD.

I wish I'd gotten it through the iPhone 4 free case program instead of the Reveal Etch Griffin case.

This case is excellent. Flash works great, buttons not hard to press. Well made, does the job, quite sleek, and definitely got the build quality to match.

I highly recommend this case to anyone who wants good side, top, bottom, and back protection, easy-to-press buttons INCLUDING the vibrate switch (looking at you - Bumper!) while leaving the screen open to actual use!

A+, Speck, A+!

I'm curious what you and others who have this case think of what this guy says in his review here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4BA25wtaEQ#t=2m37s

He says it "feels loose in certain places" and a "saggy" nature at the edges/lip and gets caught in pants pocket when taking it in/out. Thoughts/comments? Is this true?

intervenient

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
I really like my HD as well. Really wish it came in white. The candy shell looks absurd I think. Makes the phone way too thick.. But it does feel bulletproof. The glossy finish looks tacky IMO, and scratches way to easily. In the HD, my iP4 survived a 3 foot fall no problem, and the material just feels nice in the hand.

I believe the HD is actually a tiny, tiny bit thicker according to the Speck site.

dragonsnake26

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2010
Seattle
I really like the Pixelskin HD too. I had the iFrogz Luxe first and that was just awful. Returned that after I got the HD. I haven't had any problems yet. Easy to slip in and out of pocket. l hope it works with a screen protector once it gets here. I also dropped my phone from a 4 foot shelf, which landed on the corner and no damage!

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
I'm curious what you and others who have this case think of what this guy says in his review here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4BA25wtaEQ#t=2m37s

He says it "feels loose in certain places" and a "saggy" nature at the edges/lip and gets caught in pants pocket when taking it in/out. Thoughts/comments? Is this true?

In a word, no! I keep mine in my pocket, with no such issues.

Smacky

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2008
Will this fit a phone with a full body skin on it?
If not, then its a no go for me

Artood2s

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2010
I'm interested in trying this one out as well. My current favorite for everyday carry is the revised Incipio NGP Matte. Perfect fitment, accessory compatability, camera function, and grip (without snag!!). I tried the Reveal Etch, Candyshell, Bumper, and Silicrylic. I also ordered a Gear4 Band (White) w/ SGP Carbon back for "nightlife duty," but that is another story.

princesultan

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2010
i was actually thinking about changing my order to the incase snap smoke case, but i think i'll stick with the hd after reading this thread!

cryer

macrumors regular
May 3, 2010
In a word, no! I keep mine in my pocket, with no such issues.

But does yours act the way it does in the video regarding the lip? And if you don't experience what he's going through, how is that possible since you both have the same case?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.