Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Allotriophagy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 5, 2006
1) The "puck" mouse.

2) The Mighty Mouse.

3) The decision to put the internal drive in the 24" iMac far outside the reach of any casual user wishing to upgrade it. Bleh.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
you guys dont like the puck mouse?!. to me it symbolizes the imac so it has a nolstalgic effect lol.

i personally don't like apples keyboards (the white ones) that are currently used. they show dirt to easily and for some reason can't type as fast as a generic pc keyboard.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
its nice looking but practical its not.... and i'm not just saying that cause i'm a hockey fan

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Gotta disagree on the Mighty Mouse. I love mine (all three of them). I've never used a mouse that I like better.

As for the puck mouse, I won't argue with you on that.

Allotriophagy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 5, 2006
And you shall not argue with me on the Mighty Mouse either, I say.

Lift your left finger to right click indeed...tsk.

orangemacapple

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2006
Raleigh
the absolute worst design is putting eighteen feet of power cord on the new airport extreme 'n'.

18' of cable is an incongruous abomination to apple's minimalist aesthetic design. something that is WIRELESS should not have EIGHTEEN FEET OF WIRE.

Mammoth

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2005
Canada
I also happen to revolt how short the cable of the white keyboard is. I have a sliding tray and it's not long enough to loop around and have enough for when I slide it out. And it's pretty easy to get dirt inside it.

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
I also happen to revolt how short the cable of the white keyboard is. I have a sliding tray and it's not long enough to loop around and have enough for when I slide it out. And it's pretty easy to get dirt inside it.

True, but cleaning it is easy. Boring as hell, yes, but easy :) mine looks like new!

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
Ill go with the mighty mouse. I get Inadvertent/ unresponsive clicks all the time. Perhaps its just too advanced for my one button mouse-using self. And the roller-ball sucks

orangemacapple

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2006
Raleigh

have you seen the new invention? it's called a usb extension cable. it makes a kb/m cable l-o-n-g-e-r......

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
*puts on flame retardant clothing*

... well, someone has to say it.

The G4 Cube.

It was overpriced, underpowered, and the vent on the top BAD IDEA.

Moving along, I really don't like the original PM G3 (beige box, anyone?)

allotriophagy said:
1) The "puck" mouse

I LOVE those things. Puck hater. :mad: ;)

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
*puts on flame retardant clothing*

... well, someone has to say it.

The G4 Cube.

It was overpriced, underpowered, and the vent on the top BAD IDEA.

Moving along, I really don't like the original PM g3 (beige box, anyone?)

I actually liked it. Have you ever upgraded the Ram on one of those babies? Absolutely brilliant. Fast and easy, not to mention eye-popping to do in in front of a PC user :rolleyes:

Bobdude161

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2006
N'Albany, Indiana
PowerMac 8100/8500/9100/9500 case.

20 minutes, 10 cables and totally remove the motherboard just to upgrade RAM.

Ugliest Mac: Tossup between the 4400 and the G3 All in One.

Indeed, the G3 AIO reflected the American spirit; Bigger is better. It especially deserves first place when it's clear plastic case starts to yellow. Ugh!! :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.