Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andreborges

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2015
Hi guys

I'm reading this post but can´t find a clear answer, do you think that is possible to clean the dark dust spots on a late 2012 iMac 27" (Slim Version)?

I saw this video on youtube from a guy doing this on 4K/5K display! Maybe i can do this on mine too, no?

Reactions: orbital~debris

Cruz3LT

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2019
Seattle, Washington
Hi guys

I'm reading this post but can´t find a clear answer, do you think that is possible to clean the dark dust spots on a late 2012 iMac 27" (Slim Version)?

I saw this video on youtube from a guy doing this on 4K/5K display! Maybe i can do this on mine too, no?

There is a write up here at the beginning of this thread that goes into detail on how to fix the issue. I in fact just did it today to my 27 Cinema Display and its perfect again.

Sandleford

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2008
been letting one run with the fan at full bore with the ram grate off and seems to be slowly disappearing. Not positive but seems like there is less dark spots.

ProTruckDriver

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2016
Virginia
It's been almost 6 years since I had this repaired at the Apple Store. Still no smudges or black spots (knock on wood). It must be the way they were assembled on the assembly line. Too many hands assembling without loving care of the product is what I'm thinking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.