Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OldRoadRider

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Austin, Texas
Purchased my first Apple product back in 2007, my iMac 24 inch, and it has worked flawlessly since then. Next came a 30 GB iPod click Wheel followed by the iPod classic 160 GB. I enjoy my 9,000 songs, 20,000 photos and my videos and so forth. I use older versions of iTunes, iPhoto 08, iWeb, Mobile Me, iDVD and have been a loyal customer and frequent buyer of Apps. But, with the latest products and OS Lion and the takeaways ( No more iWeb, No more Gallery, a more complex and glitch prone iTunes, loss of control over some of my data), I am seriously concerned that Apple is taking a mass consumer approach that will no longer meet my needs in the areas of photography and music collection. iCloud may not be the winner in the coming Cloud Wars. Guess I'll spend some hours in the local Apple store and test the new systems thoroughly. I think it is wrong of Apple to stop supporting the old Mobile Me with Gallery, iWeb and Mail. But, that's the way of the world to dump the old stuff and charge ahead with the new. I pray that Apple holds fast to the legacy instilled by Steve Jobs (may he rest in peace) and - in his honor - reverses some of the customer-unfriendly steps they have recently taken. Keep Mobile Me for at least two more years.
I sure regret building a large file of new photographs using iPhoto with its proprietary and difficult-to-transfer Library Folder and its arcane organization structure for metadata and image retention and retrieval. For new customers, it will be a different world as they do not have to give up or lose services and application features. I wish everyone well.

smorris

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2008
Northern Ohio
What a joke Apple's online stuff is. Everyone that survived iTools/MobileMe/iCloud should get a t-shirt or something.

Oh! I want one! I've gone the iTools/dot.Mac/MobileMe route, and even eWorld before that!

I took advantage of a couple Apple product purchases and got discounted renewals, so I'm paid up until late 2013 on MobileMe... I didn't do the refund, as I didn't want to cancel my account. I'm not moving to iCloud (need to stay on Snow Leopard as long as my four machines run due to hardware/software requirements), so once next June rolls around, I'm using something else to sync contacts and calendars.

Kurfer

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2008
Goodbye, don't let the door hit you on the way out. If your "I'm more special than everyone else" attitude is as big as you make it out to be, I'd rather not have anything in common with you. So, because a company didn't divulge secret information on an upcoming product launch by not renewing you, you're suddenly discriminated against? Try again. Also, I made the MM/iCloud transition and have all my .mac addresses intact and worked 100%, so before losing your mind, perhaps call back and talk to someone else. I find that 99% of the time, in customer service, if you act like a dick, you're going to get treated like a dick, which this thread leads me to believe was the case. And finally, to literally sell your working devices you use on a daily basis over a single email address??? I can't even use words to describe the stubborn, "I'm so high and mighty" attitude problems you have.

Easy to say that crap in your position but come the ***** on man, it really hurts to lose an email address in today's day and age. That is BS! I sympathize with the OP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.