Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Control center. Just wish the swipe up worked a little better when the keyboard was up. That might be due to my case though.

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
I like that it's been out for 4 months so that means a new update is due soon and hopefully a better iOS 8 is coming in 8 months :D

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
Everything, I don't think there's anything I prefer in previous iterations. Everything is better or the same.

err404

macrumors 68030
Mar 4, 2007
I like the backend changes the most.
Apps can now read from notification center
Much improved background task processing
Much better BT host app background task handling

This means realtime pushing of notifications to my Pebble and car status logging through OBDII port using Automatic. I never having to touch the host apps that feed or consume the data from these attached devices.

I'm know that I am in the minority, but I hate that they buckled and added Control Center with toggles (admittedly the other tools in CC are handy).
I find it lazy that the developer of an OS is passing off the responsibility of radio management to the end user instead of addressing of why users frequently need this access in the first place. I find it crazy that this is the type of "advancement" that people are looking for in an OS.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.