Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 14, 2005
I recently bought a 2g shuffle at Best Buy to replace my old 512 MB shuffle that I lost at the gym a while back. Well, the new shuffle is still in its box because I ordered a 2gb Nano online from the Apple store. I need something I can run with and take on climbing trips for long days in the tent (boredom is a serious problem). I liked the nano's screen and super long battery life, but I'm considering canceling my order online and returning the 2g shuffle for a 1g. Here's why:

2g shuffle is super small and great to run with, but it has a relatively short battery life and no external battery pack available.

Nano is okay to run with and has great battery life, but now it seems like I'm gonna end up with a 4 or 8 gig iPhone in January. ;) It seems a little excessive to have both an iPhone and a Nano.

The 1g shuffle is really cheap right now, and Apple makes a battery pack which would be pretty nice to take climbing- battery life should be longer than the nano with a couple AAA's. No screen though.

What do you think?

EDIT: I'm not even sure you can find the 1g shuffle's anymore...I guess I'll stick with the nano.

Mustafa

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2003
Shenfield, Essex, UK
Shuffles suck.

I don't think these simplistic generalisations are of any value to anyone.

I am perfectly happy with my Shuffle when I use it within its obvious limitations. At other times only my iPod photo will do.

You just need to clearly identify what your needs are and then match these against the specifications.

Flowbee

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2002
Alameda, CA
You never really told us why you think you need a nano AND a shuffle. The nano should hold you over until the iPhone get here, then once you buy your iPhone, just sell the nano.

Just try not to lose it at the gym. Ouch. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.