Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaqob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Sweden
Hi,

I don't like to enter my passcode every time i wake up the iPad. (Or rather, my wife and friend's dont necessary needs to know and enter it every time).
But I would still like to have my company email on my iPad, without jailbreaking and risk the security.
Are there any app that can handle my mail, and that asks for the passcode only when I want to access that mail account? Much like touchdown or moxier for android works?

wackymacky

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2007
38°39′20″N 27°13′10″W
my thoughts exactly, and then just save the page as an icon on the springboard.

if you look in the app store there are several apps that can access outlook accounts (eg Outlook Web Email, Cloud magic Exchange, Mail Access). I can't vouch for any of them from the point of view of data security, so if you have very confidential information perhaps best not to use third part apps.

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
I'm having the same concern here, using Sonicwall Mobile Connect to login via a VPN network.
BTW What exactly is causing the extra password: the presence of the Exchange account or the software to acces it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.