Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana
Never been to Washington, eh?

Unlike most major cities, Washington still has trees - lots of them, all over, not just in parks. Why, I hit a deer, just breaking a turn signal lens, right near the Pentagon. (The Pentagon is not in D.C. but just outside it in Arlington.) And the woods have lots of deer in them, too... and foxes, raccoons, opossums, and other animals. We like it that way.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Re: Never been to Washington, eh?

Originally posted by cubist
Unlike most major cities, Washington still has trees -

I live in Old Town, and my wife works at XMRadio, right across the street from the McDonald's in question - that's how I heard about it.

And its still amazing they made it that far without getting hit.

D

blackpeter

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2001
That's sad. Poor deer.

I grew up in Old Town (Lee Street) and I really miss DC.

PS: I'm thinking about getting XM in my rig. Dukestreet, what do you think about the service? Honest opinion* ;)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by tfaz1
I grew up in Old Town (Lee Street) and I really miss DC.

PS: I'm thinking about getting XM in my rig. Dukestreet, what do you think about the service? Honest opinion* ;)

I'm on South St. Asaph, used to be on dukestreet.....

XM is absolutely friggin awesome, really. Get the Delco SkyFi, its brand new and has many more options than the older radios - go check it out a BestBuy, you'll see why its great. It has a bigger display and has the option to show you what songs are playing on the other channels, like digital cable or satellite tv. XM employees aren't allowed to buy them yet, but I've seen one at XM before they were available in the stores - we'll be getting one as soon as we can. Right now we have the Sony Plug and Play.

D

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Okay I haven't read the article. I don't have a subscription and refuse to give them any info to get one.

If you're talking about deer near down town of a big city. This is not that uncommon. Check out New York. I have seen major photos and I have had friends bring back there own photos from Time Square at night with a deer or two standing on a street corner.

Animals adapt to whatever the surrounding. If they don't get killed first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.