Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Davowade

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 24, 2006
Melbourne
Ok two little stories.

1) I had a dream I was dating steve jobs' daughter. Don't know what she looked like but she had really nice jewelery.

2) One evening while making a salad for dinner, I mistakingly put some of the wrong ingredients into the bowl. Being really exhausted I realized what I had done, and immediately thought to myself "Oh crap. Apple-Z Apple-Z!"

That doesn't work unless you have a keyboard in front of you.
My girlfriend laughed at me for so long. :(

ghall

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
2) One evening while making a salad for dinner, I mistakingly put some of the wrong ingredients into the bowl. Being really exhausted I realized what I had done, and immediately thought to myself "Oh crap. Apple-Z Apple-Z!"

That doesn't make you nerdy, that just makes you really scary. Please don't come anywhere near my family, or I'll have to knock you out. :cool:

XnavxeMiyyep

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2003
Washington
Time for nerdiness competition/stories!

I once went outside one night and noticed that it was rather dark, so I reached around on the side of my house, looking for the switch to "turn on the lights".

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
You've got nothing on me :D I've found myself "flirting" with girls about the phylogenetic relations between different insect orders... I've gotta get out of that lab!

plinden

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
My wife is by no means a nerd, but she told me she recently caught herself at work waving her mouse at the paper calendar on her wall trying to see the next month.

Steve Jobs has a daughter from early in his life - Lisa, believe it or not - and one or more children from his marriage.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Are you a gorgeous woman? Because if so, I guarantee there is a nerd out there eager to fix it for you.

No I am not I thought that he was meaning that the nerds were getting the gorgeous women because the nerds computers were broken and they had to find something to do.

-::ubermann::-

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2006
in rarely ocassions but it actually has happened to me i think of undo movements when i do things wrong(in real life)

adrianblaine

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2006
Pasadena, CA
Time for nerdiness competition/stories!

This didn't happen to me, but I was there and it was my Dad, and I take after him a lot, so I would guess the nerdyness has been passed somewhat on to me...

It must have been about 13 years ago that this happened. It was early November, and my dad is an avid amature astronomer. I was 12 and helping my dad set up one of his telescopes (I think he had 3) in the backyard to watch a lunar eclipse (although it could have been something else, I can't remember the subject because everything else that happened that night caused me to forget :) ). The telescope was made out of a sort of tough rigid cardboard.

Anyway, we got it all set up and he realized he forgot his red filtered flashlight (red light doesn't affect your night vision very much). He turned to "job" back into the house and since it was dark, he didn't notice the screen door was still shut. He ran into it really hard and basically destroyed the door. It also really stunned him and he staggered backwards and stepped right into a rotting pumpkin (Halloween was the week before).

I can't remember exactly what happened next because by this time I was laughing so hard I was crying. So there is my dad, hopping on one foot with rotting pumpkin on his other foot, still slightly shocked from having run into the screen door. In the midst of all this, he didn't realize he had gotten very close to the telescope, and with his off balance hopping, he knocked it over, breaking the telescope in half.

I still laugh out loud when I remember that night, and it makes me smile that I have a good chance at giving my (future) kids a memory like that sometime!

Davowade

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 24, 2006
Melbourne
A ha ha, the other night the girlfriend and I were watching a movie featuring macs. The main actor was getting rid of some incriminating photos from his powerbook, so he does apple - move to trash.
Then my girlfriend says "Empty trash, EMPTY TRASH!"

She is just as big a nerd as me :D :D

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004

I've done that before.

In fact, I've actually said "loll" out loud when someone made a joke.

At least it wasn't "roffle".

And I've never had a date (or bothered trying). Beat that for nerdiness :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.