Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

derek6757

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2014
Hate IT

Really poor ,mails crashes internet slow and macbook takes for ever to load.
Wish I never upgraded. A poor show from apple

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
52 Like it quite a bit. One gripe I have though is that sometimes it's hard to tell which window is active. Especially if I step away for a while and then come back.

And of course it needs some tweaking and stability improvements. But overall I do like it. Fresh and modern looking.

LukeHarrison

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2007
24 and I don't mind it. Certainly don't hate it. It only really clicked for me though when I paired it with the wallpaper from Tiger. For some reason it just seems to work really well.

Screen Shot 2014-10-21 at 21.56.59.png

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
age has nothing to do with it.

I don't know...as you get older, your eyesight is likely to deteriorate. Overall, Yosemite annoyingly is 'slightly' less readable than Mavericks. It's a valid assumption that that would affect older folks in particular.

Reactions: crjackson2134

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
Really poor ,mails crashes internet slow and macbook takes for ever to load.
Wish I never upgraded. A poor show from apple

Mine is not slow, mail is just fine, nothing has crashed yet and it only takes 9 to 12 seconds to boot up. Must be the User, YOU. or you have a Hard Drive and not an SSD along with a bunch of other junk that messed up the system ;)

skadd

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2010
28, and I like it, especially with dark mode.

Generally I'm not too fond of the iOS design due to all the white. It seems as though it was made with the white iPhone in mind. Hopefully we'll get a dark mode there aswell.

The design in Yosemite on the other hand has a lot of grey which I like. Then one can make elements in the interface that are either white or darker than the initial grey base of the interface.

Increasing contrast in some parts of the design would not hurt. Like for instance with the inactive tabs in safari which need to be a bit darker.

eco7777

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2012
Like a few things, don't like a few things.

But i don't count as 47, i rock a Strat and a Les Paul!!!!!

fcortese

macrumors demi-god
Apr 3, 2010
Big Sky country
I'm older than dirt (HINT: I actually saw Jackie Robinson play baseball). Hate is a strong word. I really liked the faux 3D dock and icons and I'm not diggin' the flat look to the dock in Yosemite. I was really used to Safari in Mavericks and had my favorites set up just so with folders, direct links, etc. Really cool man (see I told you I was older than dirt). This version, like any change to a newer OS, will take a little getting used to and I'm getting just a tad bit slower learning new tricks :eek:

PS If you don't know who Jackie Robinson was just google him or watch the movie "42"

Alimar

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
New York State
I don't know...as you get older, your eyesight is likely to deteriorate. Overall, Yosemite annoyingly is 'slightly' less readable than Mavericks. It's a valid assumption that that would affect older folks in particular.

Fortunately with Accessibilty 'Zoom' is my savior. Control + scroll = voila! Yosemite is far better than Mavericks ever was. I was in fourth grade when JFK was assassinated. Figure it out!

Brittany246

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2013
I like it for the most part. I don't really like the 2d dock. Dark mode makes it better though. I'm 22.

tom vilsack

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
ladner cdn
You and your darn generation and your polls! When I was a kid we had to walk in 3 feet of snow to get a poll,and nobody just handed it to us! You kid's with your fancy smart phone and such! When we were kids,it was two cans and a bit of string and we were happy! OSX this and OSX that,that's the problem with young folk today,they have no idea how to run a good OS like system7!

ps: 53 and don't mind it. (It's no Tiger,but what would you kids know about a good OS anyways! :p )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.