thought of an idea

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by slipper, Jan 24, 2004.

1. slipper macrumors 68000

slipper

i have an old 92 isuzu rodeo with an old tape deck. to connect my ipod i used one of those tape adapters. i would love to see some company come up with either a harddrive based car deck or a CD deck with a firewire port located in the front to connect an external ipod. ill be selling my idea for a few million $$$'s apple.

2. thehuncamunca macrumors 6502

i don't think a firewire port would make a lot of sense, if it had audio inputs so you could connect any mp3 player or cd player that would be good but that's already available on high end receivers
    as for the hard drive based car deck i'm pretty sure that's already been done

3. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

given the thoughts i would like Apple to OEM a radio that we could plug-in an iPod or even and iPod Mini?

4. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

what about something like an iPod Deck?

you just slide your ipod back (connector side first) into the deck of your car. there is then a display and you can control the ipod with your in-car audio controls.

well, I think it's a good idea

5. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

With close to 1 million iPods sold last yearl; and all the car accessories sold there seems to be a market.

I know that my partner and i would upgrade our car stereos.

6. slipper thread starter macrumors 68000

slipper

OMG history does repeat itself huh? 8 track looking decks in the future?

ive only seen 1/8" audio inputs on really really low end car audio decks and besides 1/8" inputs are not very 'high end' at all. also i have never seen any harddrive based car audio decks.

7. chv400 macrumors 6502

There is a company that made an mp3 player that is a cassete tape it has an earphone jack and when you're in your car you just put it in the tape deck and it'll play. I'm not sure what it was called but I saw it in a macaddict magazine many months ago. It had 96 mb of memory

8. Apple //e macrumors 6502

Re: thought of an idea

sony made a model with a hard drive, cd player, and memory stick reader (optional) two years ago. it even came with a color lcd screen you can show your photos in

9. Quixcube macrumors member