Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
What is wrong, flushing the cache didn't help?

And speaking of a good flushing and a specific thread... :eek:

paleck

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2005
with the Tequila!
It doesn't have anything to do with you. It appears that one of the posts is trying to load some smilie images from another site that is either being slow or not responding at all.

Attachments

• 90percentthread.png
    90percentthread.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 75

MACDRIVE

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 17, 2006
Clovis, California
Sun Baked said:
What is wrong, flushing the cache didn't help?

And speaking of a good flushing and a specific thread... :eek:

Does resetting Safari do the same thing as flush the cache? And yes, it's a goofy thread, but I think a lot of us had fun with it; I know I did. :p

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
It has nothing to to with your cache - the linked GIFs weren't being downloaded, so they were never cached.

paleck

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2005
with the Tequila!
MACDRIVE said:
Does resetting Safari do the same thing as flush the cache? And yes, it's a goofy thread, but I think a lot of us had fun with it; I know I did. :p

Resetting safari resets everything: removes all of your cookies, removes all of the auto-fill stuff and flushes the cache, etc. Basically it resets Safari back to the way it was before you had every used it(except your bookmarks, I think). Flushing your cache only deletes the files your computer has cached in order to speed up the loading of websites you visit a lot.

MACDRIVE

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 17, 2006
Clovis, California
jsw said:
It has nothing to to with your cache - the linked GIFs weren't being downloaded, so they were never cached.

jsw, I see what you mean now.... and ThankYou for cleaning up the thread. :)

paleck said:
Resetting safari resets everything: removes all of your cookies, removes all of the auto-fill stuff and flushes the cache, etc. Basically it resets Safari back to the way it was before you had every used it(except your bookmarks, I think). Flushing your cache only deletes the files your computer has cached in order to speed up the loading of websites you visit a lot.

And ThankYou for that information paleck. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.