Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xperton3

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2004
anyone experiencing Tiger install probs....just want to see what could happen....im hearing people are having probs with older machines where it locks at "Writing package receipt".....i dunno how true this is....

AppleAce

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2005
USA
Well, firstly, no one has Tiger legally yet, because it hasn't started shipping. That is, unless some ADC members have gotten their GM discs already. I thought I read that someone mentioned they should be going out soon.
And if it is a pirated leaked version you're talking about, don't count on it working flawlessly.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
AppleAce said:
Well, firstly, no one has Tiger legally yet, because it hasn't started shipping. That is, unless some ADC members have gotten their GM discs already. I thought I read that someone mentioned they should be going out soon.
And if it is a pirated leaked version you're talking about, don't count on it working flawlessly.

I mostly agree but I believe some resellers outside the US have shipped boxed legal copies already.

Edit to add with proof that some people have legal copies.

goodwill

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2004
Dallas
robbieduncan said:
I mostly agree but I believe some resellers outside the US have shipped boxed legal copies already.

I mostly agree with what you mostly agree about, however, he is a newbie and because it hasnt been shipped nationally, it appears suspect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.