Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mintelef

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2005
iindigo said:
This however looks much more genuine. The only thing that bugs me is that at least on my Mac, there's a momentary blank blue screen that exists between the gray startup screen and the startup progress... I also find it odd he taped it from such a distance - it could be real, but it looks like there's something he's hiding.

Yeah it might be real. Who knows. I guess he has one of those crappy
cameras with a limit of 30s. This would explain that.

CyberB0b

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2004
iindigo said:
This however looks much more genuine. The only thing that bugs me is that at least on my Mac, there's a momentary blank blue screen that exists between the gray startup screen and the startup progress... I also find it odd he taped it from such a distance - it could be real, but it looks like there's something he's hiding.

Mac-On-Linux

The MOL logo happens to be the icon for that post, too.

CyberB0b

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2004
Mintelef said:
How would you run Mac-on-Linux on a x86?

You don't. Actually, I was wrong, the post is from a Mac-on-Mac person. It just reminds me of MOL, which when I run in fullscreen looks a lot like a native boot of OSX. I don't remember if the blue screen is missing, but I do remember it was slightly different than a native boot of OSX.

steeldrivingjon

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2005
Cheshire, CT, USA
iindigo said:
100% fake. The fool even rolls his mouse over the OSXvnc icon.

Could be using a KVM switch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.