Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rGiskard

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2012
Damn do I miss Steve Jobs. In a sense, he was a part of my life ever since I had an Apple IIE as a kid.

I've never cared for most Mac hardware, but Jobs' vision for operating systems was second to none. His sense of taste and perfection have touched us all, even Windows users.

Last edited:

aaronvan

Suspended
Dec 21, 2011
República Cascadia
Damn do I miss Steve Jobs. In a sense, he was a part of my life ever since I had an Apple IIE as a kid.

I've never cared for Mac hardware, but Jobs' vision for operating systems was second to none. His sense of taste and perfection have touched us all, even Windows users.

The IIe was my first computer, too.

eatrains

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2006
The only reason the phone was 3.5 was because that was the only size screen they could do. It is far to small for today's standards. even the iPhone 5 was just a stretched out phone. 4.7 is the sweet spot for one handed use, unless you are an elf.

Sweet spot, except for when you want to, you know, comfortably reach the entire screen with one hand.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Let's get real, a 3.5" screen was small even for 2011, and the 4" wasn't much of an improvement. He was wrong.

I'm still using a 3.5 inch screen (iPhone 4) in 2014 and it's perfectly usable and adequate for my needs. I had an iPad 3 a couple of years ago and found the larger screen didn't add a lot of value to my iOS experience. I'm not saying a larger phone screen doesn't add value, but it's not a matter of whether a 3.5 inch screen is "unusable" as you are suggesting.

deviant

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2007
Sweet spot, except for when you want to, you know, comfortably reach the entire screen with one hand.

I agree. I mean, i can reach everywhere with 1 hand easily, but i can also palm a basketball. It's not a sweet spot, not even close. For me it is, but for everyone? No way.

yaboyac29

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2014
This is probably how religions started in the distant past. In a few thousand years there will be Steve Jobs charms and protection pendants.

in 2000 years we'll have people worshipping harry potter.. srs.

they'll think that the book is the bible.

Sonmi451

Suspended
Aug 28, 2014
Tesla
People criticizing Apple yet they are more profitable than they've ever been, and have the best products they've ever had. Astroturfers? Samsung fanboys undercover?

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Better spend time correcting iOS and Yosemite
*hides*

iOS 8 seems great (from my limited experience with it on a recently-upgraded iPad 3). Seems to be a solid upgrade from iOS 7. Of course, I didn't upgrade until after 8.0.2 was available, so I avoided those early-adopter 8.0.1 problems. Apple messed up with that update, but that is not a flaw of iOS 8 itself. But yes, I'm also aware that iOS 8 has broken Bluetooth functionality in many cars. Yuck, but that will be fixed soon enough.

As for Yosemite, I agree with you. In my experience with the public beta running on a 2012 MacBook Pro, it's not adding anything of value over my two Mavericks machines. Not only is the quality of the fonts in the menu bar, buttons and other interface elements of lower quality (pixelated and harder to read), but the overall colour balance is far too "white and bright" to be usable. Like iOS 8 evolved from iOS 7, I too, am hopeful that Yosemite will evolve. But I fear that Apple designers are stuck in their ways and not cognizant of why Yosemite's interface is a downgrade.

As for Steve, you are missed! You will always be an inspiration to me. Tim is a great leader, but no match for you. You always had that "father-like" disposition for me. Rest easy.

----------

People criticizing Apple yet they are more profitable than they've ever been, and have the best products they've ever had. Astroturfers? Samsung fanboys undercover?

People are criticizing Apple because Apple has experienced several missteps in close proximity. People latch onto drama. Simple as that.

Apple needs to regroup and get their act together. More thorough and expansive field testing before releasing new products and software updates.

iBlazed

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2014
New Jersey, United States
I'm still using a 3.5 inch screen (iPhone 4) in 2014 and it's perfectly usable and adequate for my needs. I had an iPad 3 a couple of years ago and found the larger screen didn't add a lot of value to my iOS experience. I'm not saying a larger phone screen doesn't add value, but it's not a matter of whether a 3.5 inch screen is "unusable" as you are suggesting.

It's not unusable, but it's a hell of a lot less pleasant to use than it could be. When you finally upgrade your phone, you will understand. When did I ever say it was unusable?

PhiLLoW

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2014
Perhaps Walter Isaacson was confused about the Apple TV?

Photographer: Hey Steve, I want you to pose as if you're thinking intently... Y'know, dreaming up something big.

S.J ...My god, I've cracked it.

Photographer: You've done what now?

If you look close you notice that he is already wearing the AppleWatch.

X-X

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2014
People criticizing Apple yet they are more profitable than they've ever been

Yeah, like in the 80's when Steve Jobs left Apple for the first time.

The company sky rocketed because of what Steve build... then they started to make bad products and Apple was bankrupt only a few years.

stock.png

minifridge1138

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2010
Perhaps Walter Isaacson was confused about the Apple TV?

Photographer: Hey Steve, I want you to pose as if you're thinking intently... Y'know, dreaming up something big.

S.J ...My god, I've cracked it.

Photographer: You've done what now?

Who photoshopped the iWatch onto Steve's wrist?

chasemac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2005
In a house.
I liked Steve Jobs. His company died with him. I will never buy another Mac. The Apple watch sucks and Tim Cook is a peace of crap.

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
Steve's legacy died when Tim said "One more thing"...he didn't say it the way Steve did! :eek:

Nor should Tim have tried to say it the same way Steve did. It was Steve's saying, and Tim kept it alive in a good way.

Chrjy

macrumors 65816
May 19, 2010
UK
So is this gonna be an annual thing now??

What, you mean the very man that built Apple from the ground up and that same company honouring his legacy....show some respect :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.