Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shawnce

macrumors 65816
Jun 1, 2004
Having watched and enjoyed every keynote for the last 15 years I think there is a hingher standard for Apple. I just imagine watching him talk like this for the next few years won't be as great as it should be. No offence.
This wasn't a keynote speech so I am not sure what that has to do with anything... Cook wasn't all that different then Jobs in the same type of interview situation.

iMacian

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2011
Well that is really a nice thing for a CEO to say to his customers and the entire fanbase.

Go Team Apple!

Exotic-Car Man

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2010
USA
What a missed opportunity to ask a serious question and put him on the spot on something we care about.
I actually thought the question was interesting and creative. I feel like that's always been an underlying question reading these rumor sites, wondering what Apple thinks of them. Additionally, as others have mentioned, asking a serious question, such as the future of Mac Pros, most likely would have received an unsatisfying response anyways.

spraulin

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2010
Definitely a departure from Steve in regards to opinion on Apple fan/rumour sites. If Tim Cook was CEO 5 years ago I doubt ThinkSecret would have been shut down!

Tim Cook's a great business leader. Steve Jobs was a great visionary and inventor but he wasn't really a business leader. Apple is in good hands for the future.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
What a missed opportunity to ask a serious question and put him on the spot on something we care about.

I disagree. He asked a good question that got answered and is related to what MR does. Do you really think he would have received an answer if he asked if Apple is gong to kill the Mac Pro or something similar? More than likely, you'd be calling him out for asking it.

mtj111

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
Is it just me or is Kara Swisher an annoying bitch? She always interjects right over the top of people...

Bubba Satori

Suspended
Feb 15, 2008
B'ham
I'm happy Apple finally has a CEO with a sense of humor.

b9adb978-2102-4b04-aca5-ce8f9d08974c

acslater017

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2006
San Francisco Bay Area
Remind me, who is Kara Swisher? Is she/he actually from Apple or just someone else who was at D10 who interjected with that "He loves you." statement?

She's this super annoying woman at All Things D. If Walt Mossberg is Barbara Walters (The View) or Joe Scarborough (MSNBC), Kara is like Elisabeth Hasselbeck or Mika Brzezinski.

She tries to be witty but 90% of her jokes fall flat. She interjects with awkwardly timed questions and insists on not allowing a conversation to flow properly. She's one of those types, where you just try to ignore her after awhile. Steve Jobs looked at her like she was an idiot, but Tim Cook laughs politely at her jokes...

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Very cool that you [Jordan] got to speak with him. That was a very well put and thought out question for Mr. Cook.

From everything I've seen and read about Mr. Cook, I like him a lot and find that he is a class act who truly does care about the company, it's products and customers. I don't think one could ask much more from a CEO.

sachamun

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2006
Brisbane, Australia
Interesting article. I wonder if any of the high level executives have accounts here or on other rumour sites.
I'd be extremely surprised if they didn't employ someone specifically to do so. Sites like MR are such a rich source of customer opinion that they would be hard to ignore.

----------

Just had to validate your job and get a word in didn't you Kara? Now go sit back in your corner.

Couldn't have put it better. I don't understand how she got her gig.

TruthWatcher412

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
He seems like a real cool guy. I'd love to be able to just sit and chat Apple and other stuff with him. I'm glad he's the CEO and think he can do a lot of good for Apple.

inkswamp

macrumors 68030
Jan 26, 2003
I am immensely peeved by the use of the word "ya" as a replacement for "yes" or "yeah".

There are people all around the world who wish that was the worst thing they had to deal with on a daily basis. I'd say get over it quick.

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
Apple is gaining lots of steam. I remember when people ignored them. Just got some more AAPL.

----------

There are people all around the world who wish that was the worst thing they had to deal with on a daily basis. I'd say get over it quick.

First world problems :D

----------

Then how about some Mac Pro news?

Yes please. I'm waiting for those 2008 Mac Pros to lose some value.

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
I'd be extremely surprised if they didn't employ someone specifically to do so. Sites like MR are such a rich source of customer opinion that they would be hard to ignore.

They have seemed to manage just fine for years :D.

They manage fine, because they've been reading MR for years.

MR knows just how many hits come from apple.com systems, and there have been a few stories about visitors with unreleased browser/OS useragent strings. (It's usually pretty easy, since corporate gateways are hefty NAT servers - every user inside the corporate net appears as coming from the same IP address.) It's not in MR's interest to trumpet this (and it may run afoul of privacy guarantees).

The more interesting question is "how many Apple employees are posting on the forums using obfuscated addresses/IDs?". Is there an active dis-information campaign?

blow45

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2011
Kara Swisher: He loves you.

Lol, good one from Kara.

I think mr, and correct me if I am wrong can only ask about certain things and not others? I don't know why one should ask such a generic question and not a ballsy one like the mac pros.

And I am not buying it that he wouldn't get an answer. What could Cook do, stay silent? Say we don't talk about products? He would have at least hinted that the pro line up is here to stay or not.

Except if like I said all product questions are out, well, :p, are out of question. Which I think might be the case.

----------

Tim Cook: Yeah, I love it when rumour sites care about our products and engage with our customers. Stories about Nascar; not so much.

This.:)

Last edited:

SprodeBoy

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2012
Mankato, Minnesota
Interesting

While it would have been nice to put him on the spot and ask about somethiung we really care about, it would make the conversation akward. And lead tono where. I like how Jordan asked a question that we still care about. Cook could have easily said no comment, or some quick answer. But he embraced it and I'm glad to see he is on our side.
Well why wouldn't he be a fan of MR? Afterall, we are all freaking out about purposly leaked fakes ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.