Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011
Summary

Ok so we all know what he's going to say:
1. Hi
2. Quadrippling down on security
3. Competitors blah blah
4. Innovation blah blah
5. People love Apple
6. Great products coming soon
7. Quality over quantity
8. More great products coming soon after the first set of first products
9. lawsuits blah blah
10. Good night

SmileyBlast!

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
he won't mention anything new apart from the same old "exciting new products coming soon"..

the jobs & gates one was probably the best.

They should invite the Samsung Chairman, Lee Kun-hee and Google's Eric Schmidt for a really exciting show. :)

4TheLoveOfTech

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2013
Safari _comes installed_ on Macs, but a Safari version for Windows is available on Apple's website, so anyone wanting to use it on a PC can do so.

"Streaming video requires Safari 4 or later on Mac OS X v10.6 or later; Safari on iOS 4.2 or later; or QuickTime 7 on Windows. Streaming via Apple TV requires second- or third-generation Apple TV with software 5.0.2 or later."

I work at a company that doesn't allow Safari or the archaic QuickTime.

This is common on most enterprise company networks.

It's a limited stream that most business people couldn't watch.

TimWillz

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2013
United Kingdom
Cant wait!

Just give me something to ponder on until June 10th Tim, I think I'm going crazy with absolutely nothing for 6/7 months.

M87

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2009
You don't have to be too tech savvy to figure out how to watch a "Mac only" stream without a Mac. Something as simple as changing your user agent would probably work.

"Streaming video requires Safari 4 or later on Mac OS X v10.6 or later; Safari on iOS 4.2 or later; or QuickTime 7 on Windows. Streaming via Apple TV requires second- or third-generation Apple TV with software 5.0.2 or later."

I work at a company that doesn't allow Safari or the archaic QuickTime.

This is common on most enterprise company networks.

It's a limited stream that most business people couldn't watch.

oLNutjob

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2011
"eYe"Pad Extreme, to......

bash Windoze Surface do-jiggies.

Full OS on a tablet, detachable keyboard, w/SD card slot for storage. (Not everyone likes, nor trusts the cloud.....it would get us old farts back in the loop.)

4TheLoveOfTech

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2013
You don't have to be too tech savvy to figure out how to watch a "Mac only" stream without a Mac. Something as simple as changing your user agent would probably work.

You obviously have never worked for a large enterprise business.

bdkennedy1

Suspended
Oct 24, 2002
"We have some amazing things in the pipeline over the next year. We have tremendous opportunities in a few key areas we feel are key. We continue to double down on security and we pay all of our taxes. Thank you."

Discussion over.

MoreAwesomeDanU

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2010
meh you can probably guess what hes gonna say already

"apple has some amazing products coming in the pipeline"
"we are putting in a tremendous amount of effort into making the best products"
"steve handed me the company and told us not to think about what he would've done in situations"

/zzzzz

Simplicated

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2008
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Ok so we all know what he's going to say:
1. Hi
2. Quadrippling down on security
3. Competitors blah blah
4. Innovation blah blah
5. People love Apple
6. Great products coming soon
7. Quality over quantity
8. More great products coming soon after the first set of first products
9. lawsuits blah blah
10. Good night

I have lost count of the number of people who's got it wrong. It's SECRECY.

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2012
"Cook participated in the event for the first time last year with a 100-minute interview with Walt Mossberg and Kara Swisher"

Why in the hell do they keep bringing Kara back? She is beyond horrible and it's painful to listen to her idiotic questions and comments.

i remember her asking Steve if he has an iPhone :rolleyes:

Nimrad

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
And I thought Samsung was the bad one for taking Jabs at Apple.

I wonder how Steve's thermonuclear war is going? About as well as North Korea's?

I didn't quite get that, but if you're talking about the companies bashing each other then history repeats itself. The smaller guys bash the big guys. Apple did it with IBM and Microsoft and now Microsoft and Samsung does it with Apple.

smellygotchu

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2013
I live in palos verdes

Hi guys, I understand that you guys are wanting to have a live feed, but I dont think that there will be one. I dont see any cameras and is private property that they are in, so i believe that it wont be happening. :(
Ill try to get some footage today and upload it on youtube or try to make a live feed.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I'm so excited I can't hold back my yawns.

Tim is probably a great CEO, but he has the most annoying voice and is so professional that he's difficult to listen to.

And in my opinion that is how it should be. Apple can't afford another Cult of CEO like Steve had. Or when it gets reported Tim went to doctor for an exam folks will start talking about how he's dying and Apple is doomed and the stock will collapse, all over his routine annual physical. Same with Jony Ive, which is why I'm glad he isn't out in the media more

----------

possible questions

Whats in the pipeline ? , Why was Scott Forstall fired ?, What happened with AAPL ?, Would Steve Jobs have released Maps ?, Innovation, does Apple still have it ?...

All from Kara probably who will nag on them like an annoying magpie even though she knows before she asks that the answers will be

• We have some exciting things coming. No I won't tell you details
  • No comment
  • Stock prices are about more than a company's actual performance
  • It was his idea and the move started before he died
  • We believe so

canman4PM

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2012
Kelowna BC
I don't get the whining about the requirement to have an apple product to watch the broadcast. If you don't have an apple product, why do you care?

If you don't have an Apple product and are just looking to see what's going on and what you might expect from your own provider (and lets face it, they all copy each other at least a little bit and I think Apple's as guilty as the rest), you'll soon get all the news between this and a thousand other websites and forums that follow the tech world.

If you don't have an Apple product and you're just looking to find out what Apple's up to so that you can bash them to make yourself feel superior (through a product you didn't make, just bought), you have deeper issues than your ability to watch the broadcast.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
you think WWDC will bring product launches?

Define product and define launch

Some folks would answer hardware and released for sale. Software and previews without at least preorders don't count.

Often these are the same folks that have very geek wish lists for features and bash Apple to death when they don't get them

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.