Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bingefeller

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Northern Ireland
I just noticed there is a tiny dinge on my new MacBook Air's lid. The machine itself is perfect and functions well, but just wondering if I should inform Apple as it would have come with this.

Bart Kela

Suspended
Oct 12, 2016
Searching...
I don't know what Apple's new purchase customer satisfaction policy is in Northern Ireland, but it's really up to you to decide whether or not you want to live with it as it is not functional damage.

Since you didn't bother to attach a photo, there's no way for any of us here to assess the ding.

Personally, I'd probably try to get them to replace it. I tend to keep my Macs for many years, so I'd might as well start with something pristine. But that's just me...

bingefeller

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Northern Ireland
I don't know what Apple's new purchase customer satisfaction policy is in Northern Ireland, but it's really up to you to decide whether or not you want to live with it as it is not functional damage.

Since you didn't bother to attach a photo, there's no way for any of us here to assess the ding.

Personally, I'd probably try to get them to replace it. I tend to keep my Macs for many years, so I'd might as well start with something pristine. But that's just me...

I have all my programmes installed on it with personal data, that's the only thing about replacing it....

Well, here is a picture.

WoTUKfk.jpg

Bart Kela

Suspended
Oct 12, 2016
Searching...
It's a shame you didn't notice it before you started configuring and personalizing the system.

I'm not sure I can see anything wrong, maybe there's a slight indentation. It almost looks like a smudge. But my eyes aren't good, the photo is not great, and my MacBook Air's screen is small.

Anyhow, it's totally your call. It's your property and you will live with it, not us.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.