Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thatsfinebut

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2010
Chicago
Hey everyone. Has anyone ever seen a little scratch (about 1mm) on the inside of an iPad screen? I just got my new iPad and I was looking at the screen and noticed a little sliver of a line where light reflects back in different colors depending on the angle you look (I'm not sure if that is a proper way to describe what I'm seeing, but it looks the same as when you looked at a section of a screen that has a scratch in the glass). I tried using a chamois to clean the are thoroughly, but the scratch/visual doesn't disappear, and I can't feel anything when running my fingernail over the area. I don't know how likely it would be to have a scratch on the inside of the glass, but it seems like it could be possible.

iDvisic

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2012
Hey everyone. Has anyone ever seen a little scratch (about 1mm) on the inside of an iPad screen? I just got my new iPad and I was looking at the screen and noticed a little sliver of a line where light reflects back in different colors depending on the angle you look (I'm not sure if that is a proper way to describe what I'm seeing, but it looks the same as when you looked at a section of a screen that has a scratch in the glass). I tried using a chamois to clean the are thoroughly, but the scratch/visual doesn't disappear, and I can't feel anything when running my fingernail over the area. I don't know how likely it would be to have a scratch on the inside of the glass, but it seems like it could be possible.

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times: Never buy a "gently used iPad" from a CL seller named "ifixit".

;)

-->iDv.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.