Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Original poster
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Any idea how long the four lines unlimited everything for $150 runs? We currently have 4 lines with 10gb for $120 and that has been plenty, particularly with Binge On and music streaming, but I'm toying with moving to the $150 (don't think I could go back down to 10gb for $120 since it's not longer offered).

Just want to know how long I have to consider the offer.

Reactions: Applejuiced

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
Any idea how long the four lines unlimited everything for $150 runs? We currently have 4 lines with 10gb for $120 and that has been plenty, particularly with Binge On and music streaming, but I'm toying with moving to the $150 (don't think I could go back down to 10gb for $120 since it's not longer offered).

I tried to ask about that in the store and by calling 611, none of them can give me the expiration date and would always quote "limited time offer"; my advice is just upgrade to the family unlimited and have piece of mind on data consumption.

ToroidalZeus

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2009
I got the prior 4 lines unlimited for 180 back in December and it expired on Jan 18. So they def do expire. It's hard to know when tho.

zzoomp09

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2012
nordern nu joizee
Just moved from Verizon for this plan. I'm not saving anything as I only have 3 lines with Verizon for the 30GB plan they offered 1.5yrs ago, but we've been creeping closer and closer to our limit the past few months.

Having unlimited in all lines gives me the peace of mind, and band 12 was recerly just turned on in my area so I should be good.

Now, vacationing in National Parks would suck now as only Verizon has signal, LTE too, in those areas.

Milanimal

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2014
i keep going back and forth with the idea of switching- I don't plan on upgrading phone yet, so we'd be bringing an iPhone 6, 6+, 5c, and I'd be getting a basic phone for my mother in law. I hesitate because I would not be taking advantage of band 12 coverage in area. I can't get a clear idea of how good or bad coverage would be with the aforementioned phones. Any ideas?

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Original poster
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I had that $180 deal too, and I called in last week to T-Mobile and asked for the $150 deal and got it. You should give them a call!
Yeah, it's open to new and old customers. It's a shame they don't automatically drop folks on the $180 plan (or send out a text or something), but I guess people complain and sue about all sorts of ridicuolusness so, yeah...

We don't need the data plan just yet, and our bill would go up $30 (I always view the yearly cost and $360 is half a new phone), but I also don't want to miss out on the cheapest per lin unlimited price they've had in years. We use all four lines, and the per line cost goes up $7.50. Decisions....

Reactions: violetjune

violetjune

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2014
Sacramento, CA
Yeah, it's open to new and old customers. It's a shame they don't automatically drop folks on the $180 plan (or send out a text or something), but I guess people complain and sue about all sorts of ridicuolusness so, yeah...

We don't need the data plan just yet, and our bill would go up $30 (I always view the yearly cost and $360 is half a new phone), but I also don't want to miss out on the cheapest per lin unlimited price they've had in years. We use all four lines, and the per line cost goes up $7.50. Decisions....

It's a no brainier for me, we use a lot of data, I'm at 31gb with 8 days left on monthly cycle.. No throttling us yet!

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I'm happy with my tmobile speed so far :)

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 128

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Original poster
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
[630054"]Is T-Mobile offering a buyout with this promo? I seriously would consider leaving VZW for if they are.[/QUOTE]
The promo is actually available to everyone. I see it logging in (having never been on unlimited LTE before).
[doublepost=1455855406][/doublepost]
It's a no brainier for me, we use a lot of data, I'm at 31gb with 8 days left on monthly cycle.. No throttling us yet!
I thought I used a lot but apparently it's all streaming. I have 7gb used and a bunch of that is my son streaming YouTube (of course at 1/3 the bandwidth with Binge On). Netflix and music streaming not counting against me means that all that's really left is web browsing and Facebook (which doesn't see much data at all).

The immediate benefit is I can turn off binge on (I think?) and probably still not have issues of hitting 22gb potential cap, although I really don't mind the binge o. Quality. Then there is the concern the fcc could force a binge on shutdown or overhaul and me missing out on this unlimited price point.

Decisions....
[doublepost=1455855436][/doublepost]
yes. + you can do the refer a friend promo
How does this work and what's the benefit?

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
I'm paying $160 for 4 lines on Verizon with 15GB of data (+1GB due to a promotion that should no longer apply but it's still on my account) so for $10 less and unlimited data across all lines that seems like a great deal to me.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Original poster
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Interesting. Right now I pay about $225 with VZW for two unlimited lines and one 5GB line. That is with taxes and discounts and doesn't include phone installment payments.
You'd definitely be saving quite a bit and get a fourth line to do whatever you want with. Of course this ideal conteingent on whether you get service where you live/work/play on TMO. We pay about $10 in taxes on fees for our four lines (that are a base price of $120)

coney718

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2014
So its 4 lines for $150 plus installment payments on each phone right? Say each phone is $20/month it'll be $230/month?

Sketchr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
So its 4 lines for $150 plus installment payments on each phone right? Say each phone is $20/month it'll be $230/month?
The $150 monthly does not include any installment payments as those are charged separately for whatever you agreed on.

Those who bring their own devices or have already bought them in full will pay only $150 monthly(plus taxes) for unlimited talk/text/data on 4 lines of service.

ToroidalZeus

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2009
Interesting. Right now I pay about $225 with VZW for two unlimited lines and one 5GB line. That is with taxes and discounts and doesn't include phone installment payments.
Verizon has better coverage than T-Mobile. If you get good T-Mobile service in your area it's worth the switch IMO for the cost savings.

$75 a month over 12 months = the cost of a new iPhone each year.

violetjune

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2014
Sacramento, CA

I just googled how long did T-Mobile have their 4 lines for $180 promotion and it shows it started on Nov. 15 to Jan. 18. So you might go off of that information as to how long this promotion will last.

Reactions: lordofthereef
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.