Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brsboarder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2004
Hey, I just am trying toast 7 for the first time and heard about these new and great features. I am copying over some of my dvd's because I have a cheap dvd player that scratches them. I heard toast will compress larger ones for you, so I ripped the dvd w/ mactheripper, then tried to use toast to shrink/burn it. It gave an error saying it could not do some files. I used dvd2onex and then Tried to simply burn it as a video_ts file, when I hit the record button, the program does a little shaking thing. I then tried as a regulard UDF and it did the same thing. What am I doing wrong? I know my drive works and I have a perfectly blank dvd in there

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
Hi, not sure about Toast 7 but under 6 drag the folder (same exact name as the dvd has) into Toast.
Toast should be setup as such: Data tab selected, under the advanced menu (should be on the left side) choose DVD-ROM (udf).
Once the floder is in place remove any DS_Store files, then click burn.
Make sure in the lower right side it says dvd (above the red button).

As for the MTR part did you make sure to remove RCE Regions? Does it do the same thing if you were to do disc only?
Let use know what you find and hope some of this helps ;)

brsboarder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2004
still not working, so it's still a pain for me, as I'm using dvd2onex to backup my movies which are larger then 4.6gb

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
May 8, 2004
I Live Where I Live
Rip via Mactheripper

Open Toast

Go to the Tab Video

Choose create DVD from Video_TS folder

Choose the TS folder

Make sure "fit to dvd" is checked

Hit burn.

HITMAN_24

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2005
Toast 7

Phat_Pat said:
Rip via Mactheripper

Open Toast

Go to the Tab Video

Choose create DVD from Video_TS folder

Choose the TS folder

Make sure "fit to dvd" is checked

Hit burn.

What about the audio part of the dvd? Does that get included automatically or do you have to do additional stuff?

iEdd

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2005
Isn't doing this in 3 steps a PITA?
I used to do it that way and get heaps of errors, now I use a simple program called Fast DVD copy 3, which is all in one :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.