Toast 7 Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by brsboarder, Sep 15, 2005.

1. brsboarder macrumors 6502a

Hey, I just am trying toast 7 for the first time and heard about these new and great features. I am copying over some of my dvd's because I have a cheap dvd player that scratches them. I heard toast will compress larger ones for you, so I ripped the dvd w/ mactheripper, then tried to use toast to shrink/burn it. It gave an error saying it could not do some files. I used dvd2onex and then Tried to simply burn it as a video_ts file, when I hit the record button, the program does a little shaking thing. I then tried as a regulard UDF and it did the same thing. What am I doing wrong? I know my drive works and I have a perfectly blank dvd in there

2. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Hi, not sure about Toast 7 but under 6 drag the folder (same exact name as the dvd has) into Toast.
    Toast should be setup as such: Data tab selected, under the advanced menu (should be on the left side) choose DVD-ROM (udf).
    Once the floder is in place remove any DS_Store files, then click burn.
    Make sure in the lower right side it says dvd (above the red button).

As for the MTR part did you make sure to remove RCE Regions? Does it do the same thing if you were to do disc only?
    Let use know what you find and hope some of this helps ;)

3. brsboarder thread starter macrumors 6502a

still not working, so it's still a pain for me, as I'm using dvd2onex to backup my movies which are larger then 4.6gb

4. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

Rip via Mactheripper

Open Toast

Go to the Tab Video

Choose create DVD from Video_TS folder

Choose the TS folder

Make sure "fit to dvd" is checked

Hit burn.

5. HITMAN_24 macrumors newbie

Toast 7

What about the audio part of the dvd? Does that get included automatically or do you have to do additional stuff?

6. iEdd macrumors 68000

iEdd

Isn't doing this in 3 steps a PITA?
    I used to do it that way and get heaps of errors, now I use a simple program called Fast DVD copy 3, which is all in one :)