Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

e.m.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 18, 2005
San Francisco
Hello.
I am planning on purchasing Toast 7 for my mac now that my superdrive is finally fixed, which I won't bore you with. There's a $20 rebate for it that many of you probably know about. Even though I have never owned Toast, because I own OS X, I qualify for the rebate according to their rebate form (screenshots of relevant text from the rebate form are attached).

Basically, I need to get a confimation e-mail from Roxio including the CD-Key for my qualifying product (in my case Panther). However, no where on the form does it tell you how to do so. I went to their site and tried to find out, but it seems the only number for this type of issue they offer is a Canadian number, which I can't call on my cell phone.

Were any of you in the same situation when you bought your copy, and if so how did you get this confirmation email?

Attachments

• the catch and the expanded fine print.pdf
    50.7 KB · Views: 116

e.m.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 18, 2005
San Francisco
JDar said:
Here's a catch-all web mail form that might be useful so you can ask Roxio directly. I think if you are going to buy packaged product, there will be a form in the box; if you are going to download, I don't know how that works as far as rebates.

http://store.sonic.com/dr/v2/ec_main.entry11?sp=10107&pn=11

Thanks for that. I didn't see that. I was just looking on Roxio's site, and not Sonic.. I'll contact them and see what they say.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
e.m. said:
Hello.
I am planning on purchasing Toast 7 for my mac now that my superdrive is finally fixed, which I won't bore you with. There's a $20 rebate for it that many of you probably know about. Even though I have never owned Toast, because I own OS X, I qualify for the rebate according to their rebate form (screenshots of relevant text from the rebate form are attached).

Basically, I need to get a confimation e-mail from Roxio including the CD-Key for my qualifying product (in my case Panther). However, no where on the form does it tell you how to do so. I went to their site and tried to find out, but it seems the only number for this type of issue they offer is a Canadian number, which I can't call on my cell phone.

Were any of you in the same situation when you bought your copy, and if so how did you get this confirmation email?

Did you buy a box copy of Toast 7?

You do not need an email, if you're an owner of iLife or OS X. You photocopy the retail CD. Photocopy the retail CD of OS X or iLife, and that is your proof, for that part.

For Toast, you will need the UPC and receipt. If you bought it via download from Roxio, you will need the confirmation email.

I have sent my rebate in, and it has been approved. I sent a photograph of the OS X disk, as it suggested me to do.

e.m.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 18, 2005
San Francisco
powerbook911 said:
Did you buy a box copy of Toast 7?

You do not need an email, if you're an owner of iLife or OS X. You photocopy the retail CD. Photocopy the retail CD of OS X or iLife, and that is your proof, for that part.

For Toast, you will need the UPC and receipt. If you bought it via download from Roxio, you will need the confirmation email.

I have sent my rebate in, and it has been approved. I sent a photograph of the OS X disk, as it suggested me to do.

I haven't yet, but I'm going to purchase a box copy. I just wanted this rebate issue to clarify before I made my order, and you have just done that for me. So thanks. I'm going to go order right now!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.