Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MacVidCards

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
Hollywood, CA
You can't imagine how relieved I was to find out that these guys in England will be taking lead in Mac GPU development.

We were just about to release a GTX 750 with boot screens but obviously these guys are much smarter than we are.

Please support them and encourage them to finish GTX750/970/980 development. I'm sure they are just about done.

So great that some smart people are doing this instead of copy & paste bozos trying to take advantage of of the 100's of hours that other people spent making things work.

I was just offered an INSANE amount of money to do a makeup show on Youtube for a 13 year old.

So glad that Tom_create_Pro will be taking up Maxwell development. Please direct all future questions about Mac EFI GTX750/970/980 to these bright guys. They say they are right on top of Mac EFI GPUs, I'm sure they aren't lying.

http://create.pro/blog/

Last edited:

AkuskaUK

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
Shanklin, Isle Of Wight
Hopefully you both can join forces and keep our cMP's going strong! I still love my gtx770 I purcha from you, the only thing that annoyed me (not your fault) was the import tax to the UK.

Well done guys!

Gav Mack

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2008
Sagittarius A*
Since eBay global shipping has gone live, over the past few months anything I order from the states now I'm getting hammered by duty costs, even if the supplier is being 'helpful'. Now if I order anything shipped by USPS that costs even a penny in duty the Royal Mail now hit me with an £8 surcharge flat rate. Though at least I only have to go to my local sorting office instead of parcel force worldwide which is 6 miles away through heavy traffic but on dearer parts that is scant consolation!

I have asked you only recently about this (though it was on pm in among other topics, apologies for divulging) if you have a UK based accredited agent selling and modding cards with you guys getting a deserved kick back off the donkey work involved I would be very interested in doing business with them and also referring them to my clients. May sell more cards too to the rest of Europe but as we're the 52nd state behind Israel us Brits should have one first :D

Last edited:

mikeboss

macrumors 68000
Aug 13, 2009
switzerland
I was just offered an INSANE amount of money to do a makeup show on Youtube for a 13 year old.

00008353.gif

Pending

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2014
Since eBay global shipping has gone live, over the past few months anything I order from the states now I'm getting hammered by duty costs, even if the supplier is being 'helpful'. Now if I order anything shipped by USPS that costs even a penny in duty the Royal Mail now hit me with an £8 surcharge flat rate. Though at least I only have to go to my local sorting office instead of parcel force worldwide which is 6 miles away through heavy traffic but on dearer parts that is scant consolation!

I have asked you only recently about this (though it was on pm in among other topics, apologies for divulging) if you have a UK based accredited agent selling and modding cards with you guys getting a deserved kick back off the donkey work involved I would be very interested in doing business with them and also referring them to my clients. May sell more cards too to the rest of Europe but as we're the 52nd state behind Israel us Brits should have one first :D

It would be great to have an official MVC source/supplier in UK.
According to Customs and Excise there is no Import Tax only Vat based on the sale cost plus shipping cost added together. The customs and excise exchange rate at the moment is 1.6USD to the pound. This 'Global Shipping Included' you sometimes see with some sellers I don't understand as there is no import tax on graphics and sound cards from USA to UK. If in any doubt please visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/popular-import-items/import-duty-and-taxes-for-graphics-card/

Gav Mack

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2008
Sagittarius A*
It would be great to have an official MVC source/supplier in UK.
According to Customs and Excise there is no Import Tax only Vat based on the sale cost plus shipping cost added together. The customs and excise exchange rate at the moment is 1.6USD to the pound. This 'Global Shipping Included' you sometimes see with some sellers I don't understand as there is no import tax on graphics and sound cards from USA to UK. If in any doubt please visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/popular-import-items/import-duty-and-taxes-for-graphics-card/

Couldn't agree more. Or even a UK based workshop which his website passes the orders onto from UK/Europe. But finding the right people will be tougher but I'm sure there must be a few candidates worth sounding out on netkas. Sadly soldering tiny things thanks to long sight isn't my thing now more, I sub all my iOS stuff out now :(

All I do know is that 3/4 months ago I wasn't getting anywhere near the pasting I'm getting with duty costs now and stuff being held up for days longer too. Xeons and PCIe blades for Macbooks it's a PITA as well as the pocket!

Last edited:

666sheep

macrumors 68040
Dec 7, 2009
Poland
Pretty sure they will "develop" GTX 750 and 980 right after MVC cards will hit eBay :rolleyes:

There, fixed that for you.

If you're going to pawn off someone else's weeks of work as your own, a little accreditation is nice.

Our cards actually don't come from yourself. I don't believe your cards are internally powered? All of ours are.

So let's see what Google has cached...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-02 at 15.14.16.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-02 at 15.14.16.png
    473.6 KB · Views: 1,405
Reactions: sparkie1984

CASLondon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2011
London

Ask me about shipping, I've got ideas that I linked to in another thread that I use, that are better than Royal Mail, Parcel Force, eBay Global Shipping (no go). I'm a US dude but in London, so I'm getting this a lot

Gav Mack

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2008
Sagittarius A*
Ask me about shipping, I've got ideas that I linked to in another thread that I use, that are better than Royal Mail, Parcel Force, eBay Global Shipping (no go). I'm a US dude but in London, so I'm getting this a lot

Maybe it's not just completely about shipping, I would be happy putting another card in and waiting if a problem cropped up with a card. A client GPU going down would be a different story and would want a replacement in the next day at not extortionate rates, or even a loan charge for a temporary one while the other one gets unmodded to ship back to the oem. MVC finding an agent himself or doing a deal with a UK company with the expertise and pockets to be a British and European ROMinator dealer for his technology maybe?

I will be in touch about your shipping method nevertheless, you never know if a spoilsport from revenue and customs has a Mac Pro and reads this ;)

Last edited:

MacVidCards

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
Hollywood, CA
Pretty sure they will "develop" GTX 750 and 980 right after MVC cards will hit eBay :rolleyes:

So let's see what Google has cached...

Yeah, they're liars and thieves.

And the cards they sell put my name on people's screens while they pretend they don't know where they came from.

Not the sort of honesty one would want from people selling a computer system.

Gav Mack

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2008
Sagittarius A*

And the cards they sell put my name on people's screens while they pretend they don't know where they came from.

But if unknowingly, particularly at the top of the finer details of intellectual technology involved there's always unit licensing, external audits to possibly consider in the future. Spitting in the soup would not be good for their business besides.

Nothing is certain - we live in a quantum world and having a place in the old world, particularly mine would be great for me to recommend fella. I've had clients give me the thumbs down for your products because there isn't one.

Last edited:

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC

That's REALLY crappy. I hope people avoid them like the plague, and they don't make a dime.

Gav Mack

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2008
Sagittarius A*
I have offered them a chance to go legit.

We'll see.

The proof of the pudding..... ;)

If not buying one off them would feel like I would be buying goods burgled from a mate who has helped me out loads of times over the years without him ever knowing he had. Something I wouldn't really like to have on my conscience so if they say no it would be great sounding out others on Netkas to be your official UK agent some day soon.

Last edited:

Baunkjaer

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2009
Copenhagen, Denmark
Mac GPU from UK or EU makes me happy. In Denmark we have few possibilities to buy stuff for our MP´s. Usually only eBay offers the things I want. And very often it´s from the US, which adds another 100+ USD to the price.

MacVidCards

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
Hollywood, CA
Mac GPU from UK or EU makes me happy. In Denmark we have few possibilities to buy stuff for our MP´s. Usually only eBay offers the things I want. And very often it´s from the US, which adds another 100+ USD to the price.

We would be thrilled to work with someone in EU.

But better to start with words of truth instead of lies.

----------

Nope, while they haven't found the b***s to respond to this thread, they have found the time to remove that page.

Lookin' pretty guilty.....

Gav Mack

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2008
Sagittarius A*
We would be thrilled to work with someone in EU.

But better to start with words of truth instead of lies.

----------

Nope, while they haven't found the b***s to respond to this thread, they have found the time to remove that page.

Lookin' pretty guilty.....

If that's the case then I think you'll have to make some requests on netkas for a suitable official UK or EU agent before they get a burgled foothold in the single market. If they have big pockets they could always sue on your behalf anyway :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.