Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Sorry, I'm new to this. Are there specific filters that will give the most performance benefit? I can figure out turning down the resolution.

Yes, resolution is the main one especially if you are trying to play on native resolution. Read the FAQ guide included with the game (on the pre game panel which also contains the resolution chooser) it has the options in the game in order of the effect on the title.

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
Sorry, I'm new to this. Are there specific filters that will give the most performance benefit? I can figure out turning down the resolution.

May be you can try this. On the same page to turn off V-sync.

Turn off "Motion blur" and "Screen effects".

On the next page, turn off "Post processing" and "high precision". Lower all other settings, and then run the benchmark.

If the FPS is high (e.g. 60FPS), you can increase the "texture quality" and then run the benchmark again. e.g. You feel that the setting "high" is OK (35FPS), but "ultra" is not (25FPS). Then set the texture quality to "high", and then slowly higher other settings.

In general, set the texture filter to "Anisotropic 4x" and anti-aliasing to "FXAA" won't cause any big hit on the performance but will have better picture. But of course, test it by your own hardware. I never play games on MB, can't tell if that makes any difference. If you can't see any difference, turn it off, no point to trade FPS to something that you can't see.

Same rule on other settings. If you don't care the shadow or reflection, set them to low of off. Otherwise, slowly push it up until the FPS hit your personal minimum. Be careful that the minimum FPS sometimes is more important than the average. In your case, minimum FPS occur during combat, and it may make your game unplayable. So, please pay attention on both minimum and average FPS

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.